Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD audio driver and sync problems

Hey guys

I'm still having some major difficulties with my podhd 500 after a couple years.  I had a few old posts, but never really got anywhere with them, so i've reworded things here, hoping i might be able to get some help.

I'm using an M-audio Firewire Solo in Sonar x1 on a Windows 7 machine.  I've always used the s/pdif output from the pod hd to go into the Firewire Solo, however the Firewire Solo keeps coming up with the error "mismatch!" when trying to do this, which obviously won't allow me to use the audio driver for sonar.  I've checked to ensure that the sample rate and buffer size in Sonar match what the pod is set at, but still nothing.  This is very frustrating, as I find s/pdif to be the most clear of the recording outputs from the pod.  I've tried different cables, and all everything is running the most current updates, although it's happened since I've had the pod, so I don't think that makes a difference.  Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Also...

Since installing the latest drivers for the pod hd500, I'm unable to change my default audio device in Windows 7 when the pod is plugged in through usb.  This results in my only being able to play audio through certain programs.  It still works in sonar, but windows itself defaults the pod as the soundcard whenever the usb is plugged in.  This means I can't have it plugged in to use L6 edit while listening and playing along with music in WMP.  I bring up the playback devices, try to disable the pod, or set the default as the m-audio, and neither does a darn thing.  Any ideas???

Thanks!