Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can you Assign a Global Effect in HX Effects?

wsperanza

I looked around the board and didn't see this mentioned so I'll ask it here. Can you set up a single effect to be used for the entire HX effects unit, that does not take one of the foot switches to activate?

I always use a compressor and there is one in the HX Effects units that I like, and I would like that to be on all the time, regardless of the bank and/or patch that I am using. Right now I have to use one of the six buttons for the compressor on every patch, which kind of wastes a button. If I could assign a global effect, that is always on for every bank, that would be awesome since it would leave room for 6 other effects.

Appreciate any help.

There is no "global effects"... you will have to load it in each preset. It will consume a block. 

2 hours ago, wsperanza said:

Right now I have to use one of the six buttons for the compressor on every patch, which kind of wastes a button. 

No you don't.... there are 9 effects blocks in an HX Effects, that means 3 or more can be left off the screen (eg: no buttons). This is great for things like a volume pedal block, or an always on - such as the compressor. 

If you are not familiar with the signal flow view, get acquainted with it... it gives you more control over things like footswitch assignments than the stomp mode does.