Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider IV update

tower394

Hello, 

Just want to express my anger with the Line 6 company. I am the owner of Spider IV 150 with additional FBV 3 controller (along couple of other Line 6 products), and I'm finding out that I can't update my Spider with it. The FBV controller is not a cheap product, I've payed it 250 euros just to find out that I should buy another controller just to be able to do updates and edits from my computer... I am very sorry that the company is trying to earn a bit more money by making this "move"...

Cheers

7 hours ago, tower394 said:

Hello, 

Just want to express my anger with the Line 6 company. I am the owner of Spider IV 150 with additional FBV 3 controller (along couple of other Line 6 products), and I'm finding out that I can't update my Spider with it. The FBV controller is not a cheap product, I've payed it 250 euros just to find out that I should buy another controller just to be able to do updates and edits from my computer... I am very sorry that the company is trying to earn a bit more money by making this "move"...

Cheers

https://line6.com/support/page/kb/effects-controllers/fbv-mki-mkii-controllers/the-complete-line-6-pedal-compatibility-faq-r58/

Sorry you didn't do any checking before purchasing the FBV3, I suggest you return it if your main purpose of getting the controller was to be able to connect the Spider IV to your computer for updating/preset saving.  Otherwise, look for a used FBV Mk2 Express pedal for that purpose, these can often be found for about $50.

• 2 years later...

Having same problems with FVB 3 pedal board.  No one at local Guitar Center or Sam Ash are familiar with Spider IV amp other than flipping through presets and being able to describe what amp and pedal board are supposedly capable of doing.  Connected to PC to get upgraded software via Line 6  Monkey and it won't recognize my amp even though digital display on FBV 3 shows "App Connected."       

On 9/27/2021 at 8:42 PM, tofromks said:

Having same problems with FVB 3 pedal board.  No one at local Guitar Center or Sam Ash are familiar with Spider IV amp other than flipping through presets and being able to describe what amp and pedal board are supposedly capable of doing.  Connected to PC to get upgraded software via Line 6  Monkey and it won't recognize my amp even though digital display on FBV 3 shows "App Connected."       

First mistake - relying on Guitar Center guys' knowledge!   

No, you cannot update the Spider IV using an FBV3.