Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dual Tone On A Pod Hd Pro

Dirtyworks

just select the amp and use the direction key... think its up.

I am using my Pod HD Pro and a mac. How do I get the signal to split so I can use the dual tone feature ? I can get everything else to work, but how do i get the signal to split so I can add the second amp ? 

Use the Nav key to select the amp in the signal flow view. Press the Nav key Down arrow. This should cause the display to show the appearance of the second amp. You now have Path A and Path B to subsequently position your FX blocks and tweak your 2nd amp.

• Upvote 1

Try moving the amp into the block looking thing using the left/right nav keys, then move it up/down.

To be clear, the "block" is not the blue block I see on my mac.

I am referring to the display on the unit itself. Looks like a lego, or 4 boxes stacked on top of each other. tells me I have 2 volumes. vol A abd Vol B

I believe that's the mixer. Sounds like you're doing all of this on the hardware unit, is that right? It is a lot easier to visualize what's going on when using the software editor HD Edit in my opinion. It is a good idea to get familiar with doing it on the unit itself so you can make these changes on the fly at a gig, but for visualizing the routing options, I like using HD Edit.

I haven't created many dual path patches, & I don't fully understand the routing options and how to properly do dual path patches. I used to own an X3Live some years ago and doing dual tone patches on that unit was easier from what I remember, but it also had dual processors.

There are a couple of post here dealing with dual tone patches & the routing options on the HD500, but I am still trying to wrap my mind around all of that.

Here's one post that goes a little in-depth on the routing on the HD500 ---> http://line6.com/support/topic/2033-pod-hd-500-500x-routing-schematics/

Cheers

I have the HD Pro hooked into my Mac. I have tried doing it in the unit itself, and with the edit software. Just can't get it to work.

But I redfuse to give up :D

Thanks to all for your help so far.

I believe that's the mixer. Sounds like you're doing all of this on the hardware unit, is that right? It is a lot easier to visualize what's going on when using the software editor HD Edit in my opinion. It is a good idea to get familiar with doing it on the unit itself so you can make these changes on the fly at a gig, but for visualizing the routing options, I like using HD Edit.

I haven't created many dual path patches, & I don't fully understand the routing options and how to properly do dual path patches. I used to own an X3Live some years ago and doing dual tone patches on that unit was easier from what I remember, but it also had dual processors.

There are a couple of post here dealing with dual tone patches & the routing options on the HD500, but I am still trying to wrap my mind around all of that.

Here's one post that goes a little in-depth on the routing on the HD500 ---> http://line6.com/support/topic/2033-pod-hd-500-500x-routing-schematics/

Cheers

I was playing with this last night: In HD Edit, on a blank patch, there should be a dual path shown in the center of the graphic, one line (signal path) on top, and one on the bottom. Just drag the amp with your mouse onto the top line, and it will put 2 amps in, one on each (top & bottom) path. Then just drag modules into each path and place them before or after the amps.

That's it basically, but there are a lot of finer points such as which effects are "Mono" blocks, and which are Stereo, and exactly how placement of each module affects your signal path. I am no expert at this point but the above should get you a simple dual path setup. You also don't need to have an amp module in each path, you could have one path with no actual amp module for a more acoustic sound with just a Tube Pre or Vintage Pre or just EQ's and effects.