Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Saving an edited Tone in Hx Edit without overwriting

Maestro77

hey,

i have the following problem.

usually when i built a new tone i start from one of my existing tones.

now when the new tone is nice i want to save it with new name but keep the original tone.

if i click export then the original tone will be exported.

the only workaround i found so far is copy/paste the tone to a different preset spot, then save, then rename the new one.

is there an easier way?

thank you!

thank you!

it is not that bad to use it like that and i have no idea scale account.

another even better idea would be to change the export option to just always save it with current settings which would be standard behaviour anyways and work a lot better.

there really is no logic explanation for the current export behaviour because no one needs to save "the old version" as it is already saved anyway.

if you could maybe suggest that to the guys.

or if someone from line6 reads this... consider this improvement.

thank you!

1 hour ago, Maestro77 said:

thank you!

it is not that bad to use it like that and i have no idea scale account.

another even better idea would be to change the export option to just always save it with current settings which would be standard behaviour anyways and work a lot better.

there really is no logic explanation for the current export behaviour because no one needs to save "the old version" as it is already saved anyway.

if you could maybe suggest that to the guys.

or if someone from line6 reads this... consider this improvement.

thank you!

Ideascale costs nothing to join, and if you want anyone to hear you, that's where to go.

You can't do it from HX Edit, but when I've found I've modified a preset and I liked the result, but I still want to keep the original, you can do what you want on the hardware itself.

Hit the "save" button (upper left), then use the rotary knobs to scroll to an empty preset location, then hit "save" again.

Back in HX Edit, you can then edit the preset name using the keyboard instead of using the rotaries.