Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No output after 2.71 update

DimSam

8 hours ago, DimSam said:

I updated to 2.71 and there's no sound coming from the unit.If i switch it off  the sound comes back.Switch on again and no output.

Reverted back to 2.70 and all's fine.Is anyone else experiencing this after the last update?

I'm a little confused... you're getting sound when the unit is turned off, but not when it's on? 

4 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

I'm a little confused... you're getting sound when the unit is turned off, but not when it's on? 

I have my guitar connected in the  input and the output goes to the amp.When the unit is off,the signal goes through.So there is the dry/bypassed signal from the guitar.When I switch the HX effects on to use my presets,it has no output.

Reverting to 2.70 it works as normal when on with all my presets.

I backed up all my presets and installed the 2.71 again.I did a factory restore and the unit works as normal.When I try to restore the backed up presets there is no output signal again.

It is all very weird.

I had the same issue. Imagine my shock and horror when I showed up for a gig last night and no sound. Ended up going direct with no effects for the gig. When I got home I had to roll the firmware back to 2.70 which fixed it right away. That's what I get for updating the firmware without my full rig to check it first. After 30+ years of gigging and recording professionally, you would think I would have already learned that lesson.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm also having a similar issue with 2.71. I made up some presets in a user patch. I then decided to start over and erased all of the blocks with the "action" button and the "delete all blocks" switch. I loaded in some new blocks and there is no sound coming from them. Everything works fine on new patches but I can't reuse the deleted ones.

I might have to go to 2.70 but I'm concerned that it might mess something else up.

• 3 weeks later...

Exact thing is happening to my HX Stomp. I am reading about this issue on a few forums with a handful of people, and so far the only solution is to revert to 2.70. I have not seen a cause or actual solution posted anywhere yet.

Have two floor units and a rack. On the weekend I upgraded all three from 2.5 to 2.71. Each device followed the exact same pattern - upon rebuilding the presets the first floor unit froze at preset 395, the rack froze at 420, the other floor froze at 405. I had to turn power off and on again. On each occasion the rebuild began from where it had left off. Then I had no sound on all three devices. I rebooted and then had sound. I will turn off and on again tonight to see if anything has changed...the update process really lets this device down.

7 hours ago, Mincer said:

Exact thing is happening to my HX Stomp. I am reading about this issue on a few forums with a handful of people, and so far the only solution is to revert to 2.70. I have not seen a cause or actual solution posted anywhere yet.

I don't know that they've narrowed down a cause yet. It seems to be only happening on some units and not others. I've been running 2.71 on my HX Effects for a while now, and I've not had any issues. Opening up a support ticket is probably the best thing for now. If rolling back to 2.70 works, I'd just do that in the meantime.

I have a different situation. I got the HX stomp and the updates worked perfectly fine. I upgraded to a Helix LT and I can't update from 2.30 to 2.71 at all. My H X edit and Line 6 installer is up to date to the latest firmware. I've tried different usb cables and different usb ports Both hx edit and the installer see my hx stomp, but not my helix. A few times the installer seen the helix lt but wouldn't update. Any suggestions?

18 hours ago, cynguitarist said:

I have a different situation. I got the HX stomp and the updates worked perfectly fine. I upgraded to a Helix LT and I can't update from 2.30 to 2.71 at all. My H X edit and Line 6 installer is up to date to the latest firmware. I've tried different usb cables and different usb ports Both hx edit and the installer see my hx stomp, but not my helix. A few times the installer seen the helix lt but wouldn't update. Any suggestions?

My apologies for asking the obvious question but, have you installed the driver for your Helix LT?  If not, it can be found in the downloads section here.