Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Losing Gain on HX Stomp

Krummyguitarist

Used the HX Stomp for 1st gig last night. Sounded pretty awesome straight away. About the fourth song in, I seemed to loose the gain/Distortion, as if the gain went from 5 or 6 to 1. I didn't touch anything to prompt this change, it just happened. I reached down, rebooted and all was good again, except it happened 2 more times in the night. Anyone else experience this?  FYI-using the 2204 w/ IR cab impulse and just using snapshots in a crunch, mid gain, lead setting.

On 12/16/2018 at 3:32 PM, Krummyguitarist said:

FYI-using the 2204 w/ IR cab impulse and just using snapshots in a crunch, mid gain, lead setting.

Are you 100% sure that you don't have a snapshot that is doing something you're not expecting? Every now and then my Helix does something I'm not expecting, and when I look into it further it's just something I've inadvertently set... or adjusted on the fly with snapshots set to "recall".  (EG: If you have a snapshot that you can control gain with and you back it off... the next time you load that snapshot the gain will be in that reduced state) if you are still on the same patch)

Not saying that is the problem... just suggesting you double check everything :) 

• 4 weeks later...

I updated the firmware  a few weeks ago. I had no issues until last night. During band practice, I lost gain in the middle of a song (using snapshots & not touching the pedal or parameters) and even changed to other patches. I rebooted several times, change patches and still no distortion/gain..... I resumed playing the semi/clean patch to get through practice, and in the middle of the song, the gain came back and I didn't even touch the pedal.........  I love this pedal, but can't deal with this issue. I'll be looking into getting it repaired/replaced.