Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Failed to save midi link cc info on Helix native

kisshell9

I am using my hd500x as a midi controller to change snapshot and bypass effects. I link the particular cc# midi to switch 1 , switch 2 and so on and setup pod fs switch accordingly. It works great like a hardware unit. 

My problem arises when i close hxn plugin. After i open it again all the assigned midi link cc# and switch, knobs are gone and have to link them again. How can i save this information so that i can load it when i open new hxn track? I did try saving the preset in reaper but when i load the preset  only the patches are loaded and not the midilink cc#.

I usually assign the switches and knobs to a patch in HXN and have these switches and knobs mapped to my pod footswitches. Linking directly with midi is good but then there is no option for anything else than bypass and its more easier to use switches for bypass.

So i used to save in the top drop-down menu where we can save the preset. I think its the reaper preset.

Saving helix preset will also save assigned automation switch or midi cc in the patch. But thats not the problem... The problem was switch and knobs mapping with my controller. Switch should be pre mapped to a controller but my footswitch would not work as the mapping was not saved after opening a new instance of hxn.  But i found a great way to do this. I used realearn a free plugin to map the switches and knobs to my pod fs and pedal. Now i am using the pod as the controller with no problem at all everytime.