Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix output signal issues!! (Popping)

King9969

Hi Fellow Helix users,

I've had my unit for 6 months or so and it's everything I expected. Very happy....until now. I am experiencing a continuous digital signal noise like it's in time with an effect. Very wierd and comes with the occasional pop and it cuts the output signal. It happens with or without playing. I've tried every cable configuration possible and swapped cables. Used di aswell. Full reset and current firmware update 2.7.1, Tried straight into a dxr10, also tried into a mixer aswell. Pretty frustrating stuff. Opened a support ticket and they want me to send it to the nearest service centre 4+ hrs away. Just wondering if there is anything im missing b4 doing so. Cheers

58 minutes ago, macnevine said:

I notice this with the vintage delay and it is worse if I compress the signal with the vintage delay.  I wish they would fix that. I have read others have experienced this too with the Vintage Delay.

If you are experiencing digital noise while using the Vintage Delay, it will probably be down to a lack of “headroom”. Navigate to the Headroom knob and crank up the setting all the way to +12db (well, maybe not that much - experiment). That should fix it! Changing the “bit depth” can be a big help also. Also,  it helps not to feed the vintage delay such a hot signal, therefore if you are running it after a high gain amp block - back it off.

All this stuff has been covered in many previous threads about noise in delay blocks. Read this one from 2016 - especially the the forth and sixth replies down the list, from “phil_m” - enlightenment! It’s not a bug!