Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New amp model request

crushed

First off, you don't need a Fender Bassman model since there are already two Bassman models there.  The Tweed Blues Norm and Tweed Blues Bright are Bassman models.  Secondly, it doesn't do any good to post such things here as the only place that is refered to by Line 6 would be on their Ideascale site.

Here's a list of what models are currently in the Helix and the amps they are based on.

https://helixhelp.com/

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, crushed said:

Hi!

As I can see, in each new version several new amp models are added. It would be nice if an Fender Bassman 1963 will be added with a new firmware update. Maybe someone would like to join my request.

Thank you!

65D52F23-3353-43BA-9B72-BB7A6171E6FC.jpeg

Yes I would like this also we have all kinds of marshalls.

• Like 1

I would also like to request this amp. Sure, you can buy it new for under $30, but it really warms my heart and has a sweet as honey tone for what it is.

If I'm going to be honest with myself though, I think the Bassman has a better chance of happening.

https://www.amazon.com/Danelectro-Honeytone-N-10-Guitar-Black/dp/B0027M30Z6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1545413537&sr=8-1&keywords=honeytone+amp

Honeytone Amp..jpg

22 minutes ago, BAmartin said:

I wouldn`t like to consider this thread as a very bad joke... But... seriously... More clean amps? More clean amps that are ALREADY in the unit? For sure?

Give me a break...

OP's desire for a model that you, personally, wouldn't use hurts you how? Prevents them from modeling yet another high gain amp that I, personally, don't need?

The only Fender Bassman I know of that has a Master Volume is the 300. I'm pretty sure that's not the one L6 modeled, and it's not the '53 (Volume and Tone only). And while the '63 has two channels,  there's no Master Volume. So which one did they model?

My point here is that, if you look at Ideascale, just about every amp ever made has been requested, so why the animosity towards OP's request?

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

OP's desire for a model that you, personally, wouldn't use hurts you how? Prevents them from modeling yet another high gain amp that I, personally, don't need?

The only Fender Bassman I know of that has a Master Volume is the 300. I'm pretty sure that's not the one L6 modeled, and it's not the '53 (Volume and Tone only). And while the '63 has two channels,  there's no Master Volume. So which one did they model?

My point here is that, if you look at Ideascale, just about every amp ever made has been requested, so why the animosity towards OP's request?

My guess is the '63 in spite of the master volume.  I've seen several of the L6 folks mention both on here and on TGP  that all amps have a master volume whether there was one or not on the original model.  That's often why the master volumes are defaulted to a setting of 10.

10 minutes ago, chstd said:

Does it actually work?

I see popular ideas added and voted couple years ago and still not come into life..

Well that's entirely relative. Should one of your personal requests become reality, then it "works". If not... you do the math. Either way, it's all we've got. And no, there's no way to tell if or when any one of the hundreds of requests might actually be granted, no matter how many votes they might have. It's nice, but at the end of the day, Idea Scale is really just a year- round Christmas list for a bunch of cranky, opinionated guitar players. ;)

A wise man once said,  "Wish in one hand, $#*! in the other, and see which one fills up first." ;)

15 minutes ago, DunedinDragon said:

My guess is the '63 in spite of the master volume.  I've seen several of the L6 folks mention both on here and on TGP  that all amps have a master volume whether there was one or not on the original model.  That's often why the master volumes are defaulted to a setting of 10.

The "53 has a single tone control, not Bass, Mid and Treble. That's a pretty significant difference.

4 minutes ago, chstd said:

Does it actually work?

I see popular ideas added and voted couple years ago and still not come into life..

Everybody doesn't get everything they want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

I didn´t mean anything personal against the OP... But many times I had to stand people bashing our desire for high gain amps and mocking at us metalheads for complaining the scarce availability of metal amps in the Helix... They just use a couple clean amps without effects and they request for some golden, rare, "lost in the 50s memorabilia trunk" boutique amp to be modeled when they can`t recognize that 99,9% of the Helix users don`t give a flying sh@it about it... How long have we been asking for the german high gain beasts, the new version of the criminally insane Californian amp, the italian american rack versions of the JCM 800, the Evil Randy amp... According to Benadrian it takes a whole month to model a full amp!!!! Come on!!!! Ever since the POD X3 got outdated and the HD came there was a significant stripdown of the metal amps... Even though there have been great additions like the Archetype Lead and the Fatality, I feel that we metalheads are in the middle of a losing game against the clean amp guys... Of course it`s not a war... And I do know next update will bring some goodies for us... But more clean amps in the Helix sounds like a very bad joke to me... 

No offense to the OP.

Season greetings. Happy Winter Solstice...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BAmartin said:

I didn´t mean anything personal against the OP... But many times I had to stand people bashing our desire for high gain amps and mocking at us metalheads for complaining the scarce availability of metal amps in the Helix... They just use a couple clean amps without effects and they request for some golden, rare, "lost in the 50s memorabilia trunk" boutique amp to be modeled when they can`t recognize that 99,9% of the Helix users don`t give a flying sh@it about it... How long have we been asking for the german high gain beasts, the new version of the criminally insane Californian amp, the italian american rack versions of the JCM 800, the Evil Randy amp... According to Benadrian it takes a whole month to model a full amp!!!! Come on!!!! Ever since the POD X3 got outdated and the HD came there was a significant stripdown of the metal amps... Even though there have been great additions like the Archetype Lead and the Fatality, I feel that we metalheads are in the middle of a losing game against the clean amp guys... Of course it`s not a war... And I do know next update will bring some goodies for us... But more clean amps in the Helix sounds like a very bad joke to me... 

No offense to the OP.

Exactly!

1 hour ago, chstd said:

Sure, but nobody gets the most wanted features either.. 

And don't get me wrong i am a Line6 fan since 2006.. For this reason i feel comfortable to say the negatives (if i see any) to a company that i keep using their products.

Well, we did FINALLY get an improved tuner..:-)....but I get it. I'm personally hoping that with all the back end improvements, we can finally get polyphonic pitch shifting!

6 minutes ago, BAmartin said:

No offense to the OP.

Not mocking! It's not like I never use the high gain amps. One of my favorite Amplitube sims is the Randall Warhead. Although I'm not all that fond of most metal, the tones that the better metal guys (like Ola) get is the logical next step in rock after The Who and Tony Iommi. But, just like a TS in front of a Bassman or a Deluxe covers most of what we need for blues, a TS in front of a Recto or the 2204 Mod (or the Badonk) covers a big chunk of metal. It's not rocket science. We all want new amps, especially our favorites. There's no need to belittle each other's wants (after all, this isn't Gearslutz!). We're all just a bunch of little kids who ALWAYS want new toys!

And then, of course there's the Holy Grail - the mythical Dumble, no two of which are the same, but EASILY identifiable in any mix by a TRUE tone aficionado.......

Speaking of Amplitube - wouldn't it be cool if L6 could model the DETAILS of our favorite amps (instead of jamming them all into a generic format) using their tech to make them sound REALLY GOOD?

And MERRY CHRISTMAS too!

• Like 2

On 12/21/2018 at 4:01 AM, DunedinDragon said:

First off, you don't need a Fender Bassman model since there are already two Bassman models there.  The Tweed Blues Norm and Tweed Blues Bright are Bassman models. 

On 12/21/2018 at 11:08 AM, BAmartin said:

More clean amps? More clean amps that are ALREADY in the unit?

Whether or not you think it belongs in the Helix is a matter of preference/opinion...I have no issue with that.  

What I find surprising is that the two of you (and others in this thread) think the Tweed Bassman (already in the Helix) and the Brown Bassman are the same amp. They are the same by "name only". They are very different amps. The Brown Bassman has a tone of it's own in the Fender lineup, and would have a tone of it's own in the Helix. I think it's a legitimate request. 

• Like 1

I used to have one of these and it's not that far from sounding like a JTM45. Somewhere between a blackface bassman and a JTM45. Great amp too by the way! I also had a 62' blonde tremolux with 2x10 cab loaded with Oxford speakers that was an incredible tone machine that I regret selling...

I don't know if it was mentioned in this thread already, but maybe try a JTM45 amp on a blackface cab to get close? 

On 12/21/2018 at 8:28 PM, rd2rk said:

a TS in front of a Recto or the 2204 Mod (or the Badonk) covers a big chunk of metal

I don't think that's particularly true. Look at the European metal scene and you'll see much of it using Peavey, Engl, Orange, Blackstar, Laney, etc.  These have a range of relatively distinctive tones, typically much less scooped than a Recto, and higher gain than a 2204.  I think we have a total of 3 amps by those makers modelled - Orange OR 80, ENGL Fireball 100, and Peavey 5150 - and the OR 80 isn't particularly a metal amp compared to the Rockerverb or Thunderverb anyway.

Now compare that to the fact we have at least 7 Fender amps and 9 Marshall models, and it's clear there is a lot of effort put into giving the clean and crunch players a ton of their favourite amps and channels, whereas those of us who play modern metal are stuck with just over a handful of usable amps, most of which are Mesa/Boogie variants.

And don't even get me started on the lack of an HM-2 pedal! :)

• Like 2

On 12/22/2018 at 12:44 PM, codamedia said:

Whether or not you think it belongs in the Helix is a matter of preference/opinion...I have no issue with that.  

What I find surprising is that the two of you (and others in this thread) think the Tweed Bassman (already in the Helix) and the Brown Bassman are the same amp. They are the same by "name only". They are very different amps. The Brown Bassman has a tone of it's own in the Fender lineup, and would have a tone of it's own in the Helix. I think it's a legitimate request. 

That might be legit if it weren't for the fact the OP was specifically talking about the '63 Bassman and NOT specifically talking about the Brown Bassman....

I think we can all agree we'd love more amps. No problems there. More pedals too.

I'm with the others on here who would just hope that the amps/pedals chosen tend to be ones that bring out a sound and feel that you really can't get with the current lineup. Pedals/amps that are just slight permutations on existing choices seem less useful.

I have no idea where the original Bassman posted above falls on that scale as I've never heard it in person, and was under the impression it was already replicable. If it truly is a wholly unique sound that can't currently be accomplished, bring it on. I'd also love to see more representation from Peavey, Engl, Orange, Blackstar, Laney, etc. because you're right, they are very popular and as has been pointed out, they are underrepresented compared to the number of Fender and Marshall.

With that said, if it really isn't that unique and they throw it in . . . cool . . . any amp is bonus.  I'm really not that pissy about it. I bought it for what it is, not what it will be, after all.

Opinions are opinions. For myself, it has enough Fender Amps and cleans but more power to you. 

I'd like to see more Line 6 Models. After I heard the 2204 Mod and Badonk I was kind of impressed - I like when they take existing amps and edit them. 

I'm hard pressed to come up with an amp or sound I'd like that isn't available. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kylotan said:

I don't think that's particularly true. Look at the European metal scene and you'll see much of it using Peavey, Engl, Orange, Blackstar, Laney, etc.  These have a range of relatively distinctive tones, typically much less scooped than a Recto, and higher gain than a 2204.  I think we have a total of 3 amps by those makers modelled - Orange OR 80, ENGL Fireball 100, and Peavey 5150 - and the OR 80 isn't particularly a metal amp compared to the Rockerverb or Thunderverb anyway.

Now compare that to the fact we have at least 7 Fender amps and 9 Marshall models, and it's clear there is a lot of effort put into giving the clean and crunch players a ton of their favourite amps and channels, whereas those of us who play modern metal are stuck with just over a handful of usable amps, most of which are Mesa/Boogie variants.

And don't even get me started on the lack of an HM-2 pedal! :)

I agree with you. I get so much flack for this too. We need more High Gain amps. Currently we have only a few to choose from and a lot of these amps require a pedal in the front to get into that territory. I do like the ENGL and the Badonk. But there's tons to choose from for any other Genre. My thoughts on this are as follows, and keep in mind these are jsut my personal opinions others may not share. 

-5150 III (EL34 edition would be nice also). This is a staple of Modern metal, it should of been implemented a long time ago. I do think this one is hard to argue and I'll be surprised if it's not released.

-5150 block letter: I've owned one before and L6's patch sounds way different than my experience with the real thing. I wish they would revisit this or give us a 6505+ amp. Again, it may sound ok but this DOES NOT sound like the 5150s I have played. The low end it not flubby and the sag is eliminated nearly completely when it's cranked. It also has a very distinct lows end thud. 

-Orange: We need a high gain Orange of some kind. Maybe a Dark Terror or Dual Terror. I'm disappointed by the one and only Orange model they included. 

-Marshall: JVM OD2 (this one I'm not certain of because it would sound so similar to other patches)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, DunedinDragon said:

That might be legit if it weren't for the fact the OP was specifically talking about the '63 Bassman and NOT specifically talking about the Brown Bassman....

Please correct me if I am wrong (I know that is possible)...

I always thought the '63 Bassman was the Brownface Bassman... I know the blackface amps were being introduced in '63, but when someone says '63 Bassman I am automatically making the assumption it's the coveted brown face that Brian Setzer has immortalized. 

Whether brown or black.... it's still very different from the Tweed Bassman. 

• 4 months later...

Hi there, I want to ask for programming a bass amp model:

Most bass players dont know, that some of the very best full valve amps have been made by TRACE ELLIOT !

Probably due to the fact, that there have not been made a lot, so there are not a lot around, and they are pretty expensive.

The TRACE ELLIOT V6 full tube amp, 6x KT88 power stage,

one of the most impressive sounds I have ever heard for Bass, especially with the corresponding 2x15" and 4x12" cabs ;)

No other (tube) bass amp has a full and clean and FAT (!!!) sound, that on the other hand is so transparent and dynamic, with an incredible deep bass.

It sounds completely different from the SVT's, and also from the Mesa 400 and the Fenders, a valve amp with a very own voice, that is not overly variable, but very very pleasing, and sought after by the ones who know it.

So, would be great if that could be brought to the Line6 bass players .....  my suggestion !

Keep on groovin'

Fran

Just now, Deepwave said:

Hi there, I want to ask for programming a bass amp model:

Most bass players dont know, that some of the very best full valve amps have been made by TRACE ELLIOT !

Probably due to the fact, that there have not been made a lot, so there are not a lot around, and they are pretty expensive.

The TRACE ELLIOT V6 full tube amp, 6x KT88 power stage,

one of the most impressive sounds I have ever heard for Bass, especially with the corresponding 2x15" and 4x12" cabs ;)

No other (tube) bass amp has a full and clean and FAT (!!!) sound, that on the other hand is so transparent and dynamic, with an incredible deep bass.

It sounds completely different from the SVT's, and also from the Mesa 400 and the Fenders, a valve amp with a very own voice, that is not overly variable, but very very pleasing, and sought after by the ones who know it.

So, would be great if that could be brought to the Line6 bass players .....  my suggestion !

Keep on groovin'

Fran

You might have benefitted from reading some of the initial posts because nothing happens with suggestions posted here.  You need to post them in IdeaScale so they can get voted on to determine if it's worth doing.