Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to Update Native ?

Joeleft

Hi.

I can't believe I can't find out how to do this on the forum/help/support/user manual, etc.....but I can't.

Could anyone help me to understand how to update Native from 1.70 to 1.71 please ?

I have opened the App within my DAW (Cubase 8.5) but cannot see how to update it.

I was logged in to my L6 account.

I have tried to download the update from the downloads page on the L6 site, but all that happens is that the "awaiting response from L6" appears, then no download, then just reverts to the state as though I hadn't clicked on download.

On one attempt I got the error message "502 Bad Gateway. The server returned an invalid or incomplete response"

Tried using Edge and Chrome. Same result.

I had just previously updated my floor to 2.71 with no problem.

Disconnected the pedal from PC before trying to update Native.

Very puzzled.

Many thanks.

You just download and install the Native 1.71 installation package. The downloads link is working for me... It sounds like perhaps there was an issue communicating with the Line 6 server in your previous attempt. They may have been updating something. I'd try it once more.

• Thanks 1

For sure keep trying. Native is often a pain to download and authorize. For downloading, maybe a server issue as phil mentions. And make sure you are downloading the right platform (Mac or PC) as they appear next to each other on the download page. When authorizing, sometimes you have to monkey around with logging in to your account. In my case (on Mac), 1.71 said I was authorized but reported a "communications error" and the software was greyed out. The fix for me was to temporarily turn off my firewall and network monitor. Sometimes you have to sign out and sign in (use the gear icon in the lower left of 1.70 plug to get to the authorization tabs). Some users have had to resort to de-authorizing and reauthorizing their computer, but I would only use that as a last resort, and would open a ticket before going there.

• Thanks 1

Hi and thanks for responding.

That's what I thought Phil.

Just doesn't download.

I had just updated my floor and had no issues so I was able to connect to L6 OK.

I did notice the MAC and PC downloads were next to each other soundog....nearly didn't !!

I'll have to try later in case there was a server error or update going on.

Thanks again chaps. :-)

Hi,

I had to rebuild my PC. I reinstalled Helix NAtive from the original installer and activated it without problem. I then downloaded the update (HelixNative1.71.dmg). But why the DMG extension and how to upgrade is causing me a little grief as I did not see instructions on how to install it as well.

Thanks

6 hours ago, jsantacroce said:

Hi,

I had to rebuild my PC. I reinstalled Helix NAtive from the original installer and activated it without problem. I then downloaded the update (HelixNative1.71.dmg). But why the DMG extension and how to upgrade is causing me a little grief as I did not see instructions on how to install it as well.

Thanks

Do you have a Mac or a PC? The .dmg package is for Macs only. For Windows, it's an .exe file.