Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix HX Midi with Hughes and Kettner

fourcolourghosts

Sorry i have updated my question....its a tubemeister 36 not the 18....i can switch it through TS but looking to control it through Midi....im very new to Midi controllers and trying to find my way around it.  The tubemeister 36 has a learn button on the rear and ive tried getting the HX to send a signal but without success.

First, get a pen and notepad. You won't remember the Amp assignments.

Next, in Helix Globals-MIDI/Tempo turn MIDI PC SEND to OFF.

Wire it all up in 4cm.

Configure the Amp the way you want it - Channel, Boost ON/OFF, FX loop ON, Reverb ON/OFF, Wattage and Speaker ON/OFF.

Select a NEW Helix preset. Configure the effects the way you want them. Don't forget the FXLoop block between the pre and post effects.

In Command Center, set the first Instant Command to the PC# (1-127) that you want to use to call this Amp configuration.

When everything sounds the way you want it to, Save the Helix Preset, then press LEARN on the amp.

Press the Helix Preset button.

DONE!

Want to use the same Amp and Effects configuration with different Effects settings? Switch to Snapshot 2. Make your changes, switch back to Snapshot 1, and Save.

Want different Amp settings with the same Effects? Set up the amp and Effects settings as required, go to the Snapshot you want to use, change the Instant Command to the (new) PC# you want to use for that Amp configuration, switch back to Snapshot 1 and Save. Press LEARN, press the Snapshot button you've set up for the new configuration. DONE!

Don't forget to WRITE DOWN the PC#s and details of the Amp presets. That way, you can use the same Amp configuration with different Effects configurations. No point filling up the amp's memory slots with already existing presets. Name the Helix presets so as to reference the Amp presets. Remember that when you save the Helix preset, whichever snapshot you're on will be the one that the preset opens with.

Hope that's clear. I described this (in much less detail) for someone else and it worked, any problems, let me know!

EDIT: Setting the MIDI Channel. This is the part I'm not sure of. It looks like the Amp should be set to the the Helix BASE Channel (default Channel 1, same as the Amp default). There's a chart in section 3.1 of the manual that seems to indicate how you would use MIDI to set the wattage and speaker on/off. I THINK that this is a separate function from the above directions, and as long as you set those parameters on the Amp BEFORE you use the LEARN function, you should be OK.

• 2 weeks later...