Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

"boost Comp" Fx On Pod Hd

Alsklaftsk123

Hi, on solos i use the "boost comp" fx to get louder and clearer/ balanced in solos. This works great when im plugged into a real amp, but when i use pa or headphones headphones and set the output to direct, i get a annoying clipping noise at the start of each note. Its not my headphones. Any fix for this?

Well, all I can say from experience is:

POD HD presets for usage:

- with a valve amp,

- with a FR-system (directly or directly into a PA-system),

- for recording,

- with headphones,

- with a DT25/50 amp

are different stories. They are different output system with different audio behaviors. I therefore never ever would expect the same sound ...

I normally leave the amp models and effects using presets from recording to Live-Performance, but I very often change the parameter settings of the amps and effects in the signal chain. If you realize clipping, this sounds that you have where too high much Input level to one of your components in your signal chain.

- Start with the Guitar Input level and go from 3.5m to lower

- then look at the gain level of your effects.

- input 2 source: from same as default setting to AUX or VARIAX can also solve Clipping.

May be you only need to lower the Drive and/or Output parameter level on the boost comp.

On the PD HD itself you can reduce clipping by changing "Guitar In" from from PAD to normal

Just some thoughts; may be they are helpful ...

i bet you're clipping with all the different setups, only it's more difficult to hear the clipping through the amp.  Here's my guide on finding and eliminating clipping:

http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/troubleshooting#clipping

You may have to lower the patch volume to make enough headroom for the boost.  Which means possibly re-leveling all your patches.