Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dsp Boot Fail After Downloaindg Updates Hd400

fastglasair1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I had the same problem when I tried to download the latest firmware for my pod HD300. I first tried downloading it from my laptop running windows 8 a number of times, but each time it failed, leaving me with dsp boot fail. I then tried using a laptop running windows 7, but the same thing happened. I called line6, but they were no help. They said it was most likely a fault with the pod, but it was working fine until I tried downloading their software! I wasn't satisfied with this, so I thought I'd try one more go. This time I tried it on my old desktop running windows XP. It worked!!! BUT it did wipe ALL the presests from my pod! I could do a factory reset, but I'm afraid to, just in case I have to reload the firmware and have the same problems again! I don't mind putting in new sounds because I hadn't any patches created before the download fiasco, and I didn't like the line6 presets  anyway, but if you had a lot of good sounds put in, your'll most likely loose them. I sent a ticket to line6 about this, but their answer was, better get the pod checked out anyway, nothing about the download problem. I hope this works for you. let me know how you get on.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

Apparantly it seems that it has to do with either USB hub or drivers.  I tried another computer and it worked.  I did the factory reset and I got back the presets without any problems.  The POD stayed up to date according to the last updates.

Good luck.

I downloaded all of the updates on my HD400.  When installing the flash memory updates, the screen on the HD never stopped displaying, "downloading".  Now, even after trying to restore factory presets, all I get is the Dsp boot fail message.  I want my money back.

• 4 weeks later...

The best you can do is revert back to the version it came with. Updates seem to only work with iOS apple mac. PC users need some specific machine to do it and Line6 isn't interested in a fix.

hello im new here i have the same problem like others and my question is how to reflash my hd300? is there any hope to reflash the memory my hd now is like a metal board without anything just the lcd light.. please help

• Downvote 1

you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. for example... you cannot in any way shape or form use iOS to interface with the pod HD's...

try holding the A button down when you plug it in (or maybe it was the D button?)

should go into a safe or test mode, from there reflash it.

The best you can do is revert back to the version it came with. Updates seem to only work with iOS apple mac. PC users need some specific machine to do it and Line6 isn't interested in a fix.

• Downvote 1

you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

try holding the A button down when you plug it in (or maybe it was the D button?)

I will try it tommorow sir i will update you.. but what if its not work what will be my next step? I was bougth it second hand and i never used it once because i want it to upgrade to 2.xxx but looks what happend my hd never boot up.. please help i work night and day for this unit just to have it.. poor guy here..

You just told him how to reset the pod.

That's good but he's already at "boot fail".

That will only work if you have a working version installed on the pod. He needs to go back to monkey and revert to the original version so that he can at least get the pod to play something.

Now go flame someone else "Professor".

No Politness given, no politness returned. I'm not having it.

On further note, resetting the pod didn't work for my pod400. I tried the update process three times to no avail and had to restore the original version each time. I'm currently on the original version waiting to hear of a good fix or for boss or digitech to make a unit I like.

I'm wishing you all the best for getting updated. If a fix works for you that doesn't involve finding an outdated PC or buying a new mac, please post it so we all can benefit.

you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

• Downvote 2

fine... if you want to believe this guy... and set around and mope... have at it...

you should try my suggestion and if it doesn't work, call support or open a ticket.

http://line6.com/company/contact/

apparently mochi had a bad experience. and decided to use his only 2 posts to date to let us all know. thanks.

You just told him how to reset the pod.
That's good but he's already at "boot fail".
That will only work if you have a working version installed on the pod. He needs to go back to monkey and revert to the original version so that he can at least get the pod to play something.
Now go flame someone else "Professor".
No Politness given, no politness returned. I'm not having it.
On further note, resetting the pod didn't work for my pod400. I tried the update process three times to no avail and had to restore the original version each time. I'm currently on the original version waiting to hear of a good fix or for boss or digitech to make a unit I like.
I'm wishing you all the best for getting updated. If a fix works for you that doesn't involve finding an outdated PC or buying a new mac, please post it so we all can benefit.

yes, even the resident grump believes that you can regain use by flashing to the previous version.

i'd say there is a good chance you can regain use of the device.

Ok i will try all the possibilities just to boot this thing up. but my question is if there is a chances that i can bring it back for booting?

yes, even the resident grump believes that you can regain use by flashing to the previous version.

i'd say there is a good chance you can regain use of the device.

I believe in you sir... Please help me.. I will back here if i reflash or not my hd300.. thanks alot..

Hoping for more suggestions..

don't forget to engage tech support as well: they may have additional options for you.

Line 6 | North America

Line 6, Inc.
26580 Agoura Road
Calabasas, CA 91302-1921

Main Phone#: (818) 575-3600
Main Fax#: (818) 575-3601

Customer Service:
8am - 5pm M-F Pacific Time
Press option 2 for Customer Service

Our busiest hours are from 11am to 2pm.
Technical support inquiries require product registration to an existing Line 6 account.

Line 6 | Europe

Line 6, Inc.
The POD
Clifton House
Butler's Leap
Rugby, Warwickshire
United Kingdom, CV21 3RQ

Telephone: +44 (0) 1788 566 566
Fax: +44 (0) 1788 566 529

Technical Support: 
+44 (0) 1788 566 555, Mon-Thurs 9am – 5pm GMT and Fri 9am – 4pm GMT