Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native VST2 wont install on Mac

thomasmirus

2 hours ago, thomasmirus said:

Maybe there is already a solution. However, when I install Native on a Mac I do see the files in the components and vst3 folders in library/audio/plug-ins. But I don't find it in the vst or vst/line6 folder. Any ideas out there how to fix it? Thanks!

Hi Thomas,

This seems a little bit strange because you state that you have managed to install the AU version into the components folder and successfully installed VST3 version of Helix Native.

As you already know Native is a plug-in not a stand alone application, so you should find it in one of these two places on your Mac:

~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST (the ~ represents your home directory)

Or here

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST

Those are the only two places that the software is installed so I really don’t understand why you cannot find the VST2 plugin. If everything is installed correctly it should just show up in your DAW as a regular VST plug in under effects. 

Hope this makes sense.

Edit: Read This:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Found the fix for this - when installing Helix Native, on the prompt after you agree to the licensing, when the installer asks where to save the files, there is a Customize button on the bottom. Click Customize and select VST2. Default settings when trying to install on a Mac had this option unselected. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 11 months later...