Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I can hear my line sound "behind" my distortion

Shredz03

When I play with a distorted sound (doesnt matter if its with a clean amp + "helix"pedals, or if its with lets say Placater Dirty for ex.) I can hear my line sound kinda clip through my distortion when I play on my humbucker and when I attack the strings pretty hard. I have tried to change Guitar In Pad and changed between "Line" and "Instrument" and on some settings its worse and some its better but its always there no matter what.

I dont have the issue when I play on a clean setting or with a neck pickup. Atleast not what I can hear.

I am playing with the 4 cable method through a Hot Rod Deluxe and no other pedals.

Anyone have a clue??

Can you let us know what your chain is... and possibly share a picture of it?  It would be nice to hear an example of what you are talking about as well. 

I have some ideas, but without knowing more details I could be taking you down a rabbit hole of misinformation :) 

I'm very new to the Helix, but would have sworn I was experiencing this, or something like it, at a gig last week. Haven't been able to recreate the problem at home, but I have a few gigs coming up, and have re-dialed some of my OD settings...interested to see if it happens again. 

2 hours ago, shanecgriffo said:

just make sure you dont have an input active for signal chain 2 if you are not intending to use it.. it may be passing thru the raw guitar signal

This is the first thing I would check. Next I would make sure the mix knob is up on the amp model, or distortion pedals. (if there is even a mix knob, I am not in front of my Helix atm)

You mentioned you are running in 4CM. If you are doing that with an FX Loop block, this would not apply.

But if you are doing it using a separate Send followed by a Return block, make sure the send block has the "Dry Thru" set to -120db.