Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Needing trails between pre-sets. possible?

Steelmaster

I play in a Yes Tribute band and there is one part where I am in a preset using my lap steel with a lot of echo and I need to quickly change presets to my Variax with a Leslie effect. I really need the trail of the last steel note to hang on even though I am changing presets. Can it be done, or is the Helix the only way to accomplish this easily? I might have to make a preset with both the steel and  the Variax on at the same time and just switch the effects with trails on and not change presets. I thought I was done programming this show a year ago. Oh well.

No, there is no way to have the trail carry through the preset change. However there may be a way, as you suggest, to accomplish what you want within a single preset. I haven't used the Pod HD in so long that I no longer remember how to do it most easily, but I'm sure others here can help with that.

10 hours ago, Steelmaster said:

I play in a Yes Tribute band and there is one part where I am in a preset using my lap steel with a lot of echo and I need to quickly change presets to my Variax with a Leslie effect.

I would just create two paths in the HD500. The Variax inputs on one path, the Lapsteel inputs on the other path. Both paths are independent and can merge to the same output. Both work at the same... simply stop playing one instrument and start playing the other... no need to foot switch anything. Use the volume controls on the instruments to mute them when not needed. 

• 2 weeks later...