Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider III 15A Stuck on Insane Channel

Bswilson01

So I bought a used Spider III 15 on craigslist and it appears to be defective.  When I turn it on, it’s stuck on the insane channel and doesn’t respond to any other channel inputs. I’ve disassembled it down to the board to check the contacts on the buttons and everything appears clean with no crap stuck between the contacts.

In the course of trying to troubleshoot button function,  the tempo button registers pushes, will also register pushes if I hold the metal or insane channel buttons, but not when I hold the clear or crunch channels. I’ve also tried resetting it via holding the clean channel upon startup but that doesn’t seem to do anything. 

I’m only into it for $60 but I’d like to try getting it operational since it still functions fine on just that channel. What are my options aside from probably paying too much at a local authorized repair shop?

Is it possible to update/reflash firmware? No.

Any advice for troubleshooting it, or finding replacement boards? Nothing more than I've mentioned about what it could be,

and no replacement boards for a few years now (being a ten year plus old product).

And if there were any boards left, we don't sell direct to end users, since we don't support self repair of product. If there were

any boards it would have to be had from a third party distributor. But there haven't been any for several years now,... all since used up.