Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any fans of the 'Triangle Fuzz' AKA BIG MUFF in HELIX?

MaxCarton

In this video I want to show the difference between the 'TRIANGLE FUZZ' (based on an original TRIANGLE BIG MUFF) and a modern BIG MUFF NANO. I hope this video helps you out to decide if you should still use a real MUFF or not. I understand that the MUFF in HX is based on a different one, this is just a very accessible version.

I hope they add a more modern sounding MUFF, that's close to the BIG MUFF PI in the future :) 

Cheers

https://youtu.be/T00dRIwvTSI

Don't forget to check my other HX STOMP videos out and subscribe for more!

I’ve compared the Triangle Fuzz to my Tym Guitars muff clones, which are the best muff pedals I’ve played. The Triangle Fuzz can be dialled close enough that I doubt I could pick it in a blind test if I’m honest and definitely wouldn’t pick it in a band mix. 

I still use the Tym pedals on the board, just because I like them, but I could happily use the Triangle Fuzz in their place. 

I've been watching your videos over the last few days.  Cool to see the comparisons.

I don't muff myself very often, but I did hear the difference that you heard. I'd be curious to know how the original Big Muff Pi sounds compared to both the Helix and the Nano Muffer you have.  I did find this old video comparing M9's Muffer to the original, and they sounded pretty close to each other, and I assume the tech only got better, but your video makes me wonder.

How do the other fuzz's on the Helix compare to your needs? 

Edit:  I did find this version comparing to original Big Muff to the Nano and they seem pretty much idnetical: