Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Naming Stomp Snapshots

jrusto2000

I have given in to the fact that the snapshots on the stomp cannot named.  However, I was building a preset and and I copied Snapshot 2 to SnapShot 3.  Blam the the name of snapshot 3 changed to snapshot 2 even though it is in the 3rd position.  Now I can't rename it back to Snapshot 3.  A bug I suppose.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:49 AM, jrusto2000 said:

I have given in to the fact that the snapshots on the stomp cannot named.  However, I was building a preset and and I copied Snapshot 2 to SnapShot 3.  Blam the the name of snapshot 3 changed to snapshot 2 even though it is in the 3rd position.  Now I can't rename it back to Snapshot 3.  A bug I suppose.

This is an interesting point though.  I wonder if it would be better if they could be named. Hmmm . . .

10 minutes ago, pbatts said:

They can be named anything you want using a text editor, but the only place the name will appear is in HX Edit.

Yeah, but it seems like it would be possible to have a name display on the actual Stomp.

What I'm not certain of is how helpful that would really be. I mean, 3 snapshots isn't a huge deal to remember. Nevertheless, it would help a bit, especially with multiple presets. Ultimately, if someone put an ideascale up I'd vote for it.

If I can get my lazy butt moving maybe even I'll create it.

• 8 months later...

Just came across this topic while researching this issue. What I am noticing is that when I copy and paste "Snapshot 1" into the next preset which by default is "Snapshot 2", it overwrites the name as "Snapshot 1" leaving me with two of the same name.  I can find no way of changing the name of the snapshot manually as you can on the Helix Floor.

This bug may or may not have been addressed in 2.8*, I haven't checked.

Backup the Preset you are working on.

Open that backup .hlx file with any text editor, like TextEdit on Mac. Search for the Snapshot labels within the code and change as desired. Save.

Import the backup .hlx file into A NEW SLOT, so you don't mess with the original.

Perhaps I'm not reading this correctly, but my understanding about the issue is that you copy (or swap) unnamed snapshots which default to "Snapshot 1" and "Snapshot 2", you get two instances of it saying "Snapshot 2" (in a copy scenario).  It makes sense.  You copied it and this occurs for me all the time.  Right click the snapshot in the editor and rename it anything you want.  Right click it again and pick your ring color.