Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I jam along with recorded tracks?

Hi all,

Using the Stagescape M20D, I recorded my band practicing last night and would love to know how to play back just selected tracks so I can jam along with the recording. I realize that I can import the tracks (drums, guitar, keyboard, and vocals) into my DAW, create a mix for me to practice along with on guitar, and then jam to that, but it would save me some steps if instead I could just play back the recorded band rehearsal using the M20D, somehow mute the guitar track, and then jam along with that, through the M20D. So what I'm trying to do is play my guitar through the M20D while I jam along with a recording made with the M20D (and being played back on the M20D), while muting selected tracks (the original guitar track in this case). Does anyone know how to do this? I scanned the manual and am not finding any obvious references to it. Thanks for your help!

Scott

Yes.

Simplest method;

Duplicate your channel on the M20d. (save your channel as a preset, then add a new channel and apply your preset to it).

Playback recording with your original channel muted, you playing/jamming through the new duplicated channel

The slightly more complex method is to remove the recording of your channel from the memory card, but this can sometimes result in your M20d not being able to read the memory card back in.