Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

SonicPort VX recording into MacBook via PodFarm, GarageBand, guitar and amp

Coxy77

Hi there,

I've just purchased a SonicPort VX. Kit looks great and I'm looking forward to utilising it's abilities.

Quick question if someone could answer. I'd prefer to use the interface via my MacBook as I find mobile devices a bit cumbersome. I see that there is no free Apple Store download for desktop software and that the other alternative is paid for downloads via Line 6 website, such as PodFarm.

Regarding functionality and whether it is possible, would the below theory work...

Guitar and Amp cabled into the SonicPort VX device, Sound output comes out of amp > SonicPort VX hooked up to MacBook via USB > PodFarm running on MacBook with desired effects dialled in > Play guitar, PodFarm effect comes out of the amp? > Open GarageBand, select SonicPort VX as output and input, hit record > Sound played through guitar amp (with PodFarm effects) picked up by SonicPort VX and records sound and the effects into GarageBand???

Is this possible?

I Suppose the simple question is, will SonicPort VX play the PodFarm sound effects back through my amp and then record that into GarageBand or similar recording software, whilst retaining the effects?

Many thanks if this can be answered.

MC