Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Footswitch

emec0612

I purchased a double momentary switch that I'm trying to connect to my Helix stomp via fs4 / fs5 but so far I'm only been able to make work only one switch out of the two. Do I need an special cable? Can somebody please guide me through this connection. I'm a Helix first time owner. Thanks in advance.

Honestly, to some degree it depends on the type of momentary switch you have. Does the dual switch have one jack or two?

Either way, yes, you need a specific cable (not really special - just specific). 

The most common one for a dual footswitch is one like this:  https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/STP202--hosa-stp202-2-meter

If you look at it, the single jack that goes into the Stomp has two rings on it - that's a must - it's called a 1/4" TRS cable - then the two cables splitting off the Y have one ring on them - that's because they're 1/4" TS cables.

What type of switch do you have?  That answer can help people help you better.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

Honestly, to some degree it depends on the type of momentary switch you have. Does the dual switch have one jack or two?

Either way, yes, you need a specific cable (not really special - just specific). 

The most common one for a dual footswitch is one like this:  https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/STP202--hosa-stp202-2-meter

If you look at it, the single jack that goes into the Stomp has two rings on it - that's a must - it's called a 1/4" TRS cable - then the two cables splitting off the Y have one ring on them - that's because they're 1/4" TS cables.

What type of switch do you have?  That answer can help people help you better.

103289162_Dualfootswicth.thumb.PNG.6ac6177ac40ceb35f9d41bbd86fb67b8.PNG