Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix (LT) getting along with amps

pegamarz

Hi! Maybe you can help me with your expertise: I own a Helix LT and I wanted an amp so i could connect it via 4CM plus be able to control the switch channel through the Helix, easy right? First I had a Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 36 but I never succeed in hooking them via MIDI (so I could take full advantage of the 3 channels and the power section) So i decided to sell it and buy another one with only 2 channels and a regular (TS cable) amp control Jack; I bought the PRS MT15 (great amp!) but meanwhile i was using it with the foot switch that came with the amp there was no problem (meaning no HUM) but if I tried to use the Helix LT to change the channel of the amp...HUM appears (a huge HUM by the way). Yes I tried the Hum Eliminator and all the programing was right and nothing work for me so...once again I decided to change the amp. I did research and the Orange Rocker 32 and Helix Lt can work perfectly...and they do! The amp its great and covers a lot of ground but somehow (and I know I need to break it first) The amp doesn't delivers the right amount of gain that I would like (I'm aware that its not a Hi Gain amp) I like to play TOOL from time to time (thats the top gain that I need) and this one fights to get close to that. So my question is: Do you know for certain which amps gets along with the Helix LT? I know the Tubemeister 18 and 20 deluxe can switch the amp channel through the Helix (maybe with a TRS cable?) with no Hum and that's how far my knowledge  gets..I truly appreciate your comments!