Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects fx loop question

jumpback

Just a simple need for my HX Effects unit, all I need it for is the lush Reverbs and delays/Mod, and my question is; can I run it to my amps fx loop with 2 cables like a regular pedal without creating a send/return block, so It goes after preamp?

I don't need anything in front of the amp..Thanks

53 minutes ago, jumpback said:

Thanks folks, hey do you know why my fx loop block is lower in volume when active and really loud when it's not?

Thanks

What is your setup? Are you using the 4CM? If so, you'd actually never want to turn the FX Loop block off in the HX Effects, because doing so would cause your amp's preamp to be bypassed. Which is maybe what's happening here.

Btw, the one post above saying you have to use the 4CM to use your amp's preamp is incorrect. You can put the HX Effects in your amp's effects loop and use it for time-based effects only, like you mentioned in your original post. That will work fine.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, phil_m said:

What is your setup? Are you using the 4CM? If so, you'd actually never want to turn the FX Loop block off in the HX Effects, because doing so would cause your amp's preamp to be bypassed. Which is maybe what's happening here.

Btw, the one post above saying you have to use the 4CM to use your amp's preamp is incorrect. You can put the HX Effects in your amp's effects loop and use it for time-based effects only, like you mentioned in your original post. That will work fine.

Oops! Lost track of whether he was using Helix or HX Effects. My bad!

• Like 1

Thanks again folks, I really like this forum, quick replies!!

So the loudness comes from the bypass oh I get it now, I'm starting to like this pedal now, Oh how can I delete an effect from the pedal and replace it with a totally different one?