Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Snapshots Problems

Euripide

I want to set a compressor gain at 4.0 on Snapshot 1 and a gain of 6.0 on snapshot 2. It doesn't work at all: all the snapshots recall only the same setting, the last one... The snapshots seem only capable of recalling if a block is off or on.

Is it normal? I guess not, it is quite useless if the snapshots cannot recall the different parameters settings inside a block from snapshot to snapshot.

What could I've been doing wrong? 

Helix V2.71

I'm assuming you haven't read or watched any videos about how to use snapshots?  In order to change values on any of the parameters in a block you have to first push in the knob and make the change to the value.  That surrounds the value with brackets and allows you to change that value on different snapshots.  You might want to take some time and watch Jason Sadites YouTube video on how to work with snapshots as that will likely lead to less confusion.

• Like 1

Any parameter that you want to have values recalled with preset changes needs to be assigned to a snapshot controller (or any controller, really).The shortcut for assigning a parameter to a snapshot controller for the unit itself is to push and turn the knob for that parameter. When you do that, you’ll see brackets appear around the parameter, indicating that it’s now assigned to a snapshot controller.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1