Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2013 Relay G90? Dcl, Tbp12 Etc.

agustinvolpe

Hi everyone!

I'm about to buy a Relay G90, I wanted to know if the G90 is still the top of the relay Line, since the newest addition is the G55.

I also read about numerous dropout issues and faulty units from G90 users, both here and in other online forums.

So these are my questions:

- Does the G90 feature Encoded DCL (Digital Channel Lock) and new TBP12 durable metal body pack? (Are TBP12 different now than  they were 2 years ago?)

- Is there any difference between a 2013 Relay G90 different in anyway from the 2010 G90?

(If there is, how do I make sure that I'm buying the latest version and that the store is not selling me old stock?)

- Does it lack any of the features of the G55? 

Thanks!

Agus

They are essentially unchanged.  The biggest difference is that the newest versions of the TBP12 transmitter now feature an all metal input jack.  The newest units have the most current software ... but you can easily upgrade older units.

Other that the obvious physical differences I believe the G90s have more features than the G55's.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Forgot to ask this:
- What about the clips in the TBP12s? Are they plastic or metal?
- What about Encoded DCL (Digital Channel Lock)? Is that feature only available in the G55?
- Say I get a G90 unit with old software, how do I update my device?

(Sorry for being such a ball breaker, just trying to cover the most of it).

Thanks

Agus