Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Vintage Digital Delay depth glitch during preset switch

JackZ7

Hello everyone

I don't know if this should belong to the bug thread, if that's the case I apologize...

I am facing an issue with the Vintage Digital Delay block and I was wondering if someone else has came across the same thing... I did a quick research but I haven't found anything about the matter.

Basically, when I switch to a preset that has this block already engaged, I hear a horrible pitch bend that lasts a second... It's like the modulation depth parameter glitches for a moment.

This annoying warble is noticeable even without playing.

The issue does not present itself when using snapshots within the same preset.

Has anyone found a workaround for this issue? I know I can just use snapshots to avoid it, but I have a few situations in which I need to use different presets and this is making it impossible...

It may be the delay trying to "catch up" to the new tempo (assuming you have tempo set to Per Preset or Per Snapshot). Try going to Global Settings>Preferences>Tap Tempo Pitch and set it to "Transparent". This will suppress pitch artifacts when changing delay times.

1 hour ago, phil_m said:

It may be the delay trying to "catch up" to the new tempo (assuming you have tempo set to Per Preset or Per Snapshot). Try going to Global Settings>Preferences>Tap Tempo Pitch and set it to "Transparent". This will suppress pitch artifacts when changing delay times.

Tried that but it didn't work... But you guessed right cause I was able to fix it by using milliseconds instead of syncing it with the tempo... It's not the smoothest process, cause I have to calculate the time by myself, but at least the issue has disappeared.

There might be some kind of bug/glitch when the block tries to catch up, unless I'm doing something wrong... But I never had this issue with the other delays and mod fx.

Thank you very much for your help :)

1 hour ago, JackZ7 said:

Tried that but it didn't work... But you guessed right cause I was able to fix it by using milliseconds instead of syncing it with the tempo... It's not the smoothest process, cause I have to calculate the time by myself, but at least the issue has disappeared.

Have you tried setting your tap tempo to "GLOBAL".... as well as setting tempo pitch to "transparent".

Switching presets will never glitch because the tempo is already set globally. Just tap in the tempo you require (before or after changing the preset) to match the current tempo of the song.