Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Pickup Models

the 89 pickups are models of the stock jame tyler designed pickups featured in the JTV89

the 59, has lester models

the 69 has spank models

they modeled the 89's actual pickups so that they would have the modeled equivalent as well for alt tuning.

• Upvote 1

and i have an other question why I can't change the root of wiring in the Workbench?

I would like to have an option to peke rooting by myself like in :Gibson Jimmy Page Les Paul Signature

Is there any way to make it done?

thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean by this to be honest.

The only reason you need all these controls on traditional guitars is so you can choose between them on the guitar itself. In the case of the JTV and workbench, you can choose series/parallel and normal/reverse, as well as move the pickups. So, you can do everything in workbench that the switches allow on your Jimmy Page schematic.

If you mean why can't you do this on the guitar, the answer is that there is both a modelling and normal guitar in there. They already share the volume/tone controls and switches, so need special switches and pots. To add the Jimmy Page circuitry would require even more custom made switches and pots.

If you really wanted to do this on the guitar, you could do it by adding your own switches, separate to the existing JTV controls, but they would only work on the pickups, not the modelled versions.

I'm not sure what you mean by this to be honest.

The only reason you need all these controls on traditional guitars is so you can choose between them on the guitar itself. In the case of the JTV and workbench, you can choose series/parallel and normal/reverse, as well as move the pickups. So, you can do everything in workbench that the switches allow on your Jimmy Page schematic.

If you mean why can't you do this on the guitar, the answer is that there is both a modelling and normal guitar in there. They already share the volume/tone controls and switches, so need special switches and pots. To add the Jimmy Page circuitry would require even more custom made switches and pots.

If you really wanted to do this on the guitar, you could do it by adding your own switches, separate to the existing JTV controls, but they would only work on the pickups, not the modelled versions.

I think he means pick the routing options, Maybe.  I would assume coil tapping and in and out of phase.  You can do virtual parallel and series, I can't remember if you can do in and out of phase.  But as for coil taping you can just use single coil pickups or p90s for some of the options...