Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects or Computer *NOISE*

rpinon69

Hello,

I have my HX Effects connected via 4 cable method to EVH 5150 III and I wanted to connect it to my computer so I can make editing easier, but when I do I get a idle beep through my cabinet speakers.

Is it the HX Effects or computer and how can I fix it?

Respectfully

Ramon

I'm not sure what an "idle beep" is, but getting additional noise while having the HX Effects connected to your computer via USB and to your amp at the same time is pretty common. It's a ground loop caused by the USB connection. There are ways to lift the ground, but given that you only have the noise while editing, it may be just be one of those things you live with.

53 minutes ago, phil_m said:

I'm not sure what an "idle beep" is, but getting additional noise while having the HX Effects connected to your computer via USB and to your amp at the same time is pretty common. It's a ground loop caused by the USB connection. There are ways to lift the ground, but given that you only have the noise while editing, it may be just be one of those things you live with.

Thank you for your reply!  I actually don't even have to open HX Edit just plugging in the noise is instantaneous.  Could you please explain the possible ways to lift the ground.

3 minutes ago, rpinon69 said:

Thank you for your reply!  I actually don't even have to open HX Edit just plugging in the noise is instantaneous.  Could you please explain the possible ways to lift the ground.

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Audio-iDefender3-0-Ground-Loop-Eliminator/dp/B01N3XKOLG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1546453273&sr=8-3&keywords=usb+isolator