Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp with Powercab Plus

tdawgg

Hi Tdawgg. I’m using the Helix with a Powercab Plus. At first I was a bit disappointed but after fiddling and tweaking it’s turned out to be quite nice. I’ve imported a few IRs into the Powercab and use a few in the Helix as well. I think that when setting it up, patience is the key. If you’re new to the Helix family it is worth it to have a look at some of Jason Sadites videos on Youtube. Lots of information and tips to be had.

Keith

• Like 1

How are you connecting the stomp? I would assume you're using the TRS out, as the stomp doesn't have a digital option.

Also, are you using it as a FRFS ( I think I got the acronym right) with IR's, or usingbthe speaker modling?

24 minutes ago, tdawgg said:

How are you connecting the stomp? I would assume you're using the TRS out, as the stomp doesn't have a digital option.

Also, are you using it as a FRFS ( I think I got the acronym right) with IR's, or usingbthe speaker modling?

I actually own a Firehawk 1500 which is what I usually do with the Stomp, but friends/family have gone the Powercab route and I fiddle around with it. 

Honestly, I really like the Powercab (keep being tempted to buy one - but I just bought the bloody Firehawk), and I prefer to save on DSP with the Stomp, so I like the cab modeling. It works as well as any FRFR out there if you want it in flat response mode. However, while you're audience won't care, I just felt like the cab emulation gives it an extra "oomph" when playing on it. Setup is:

1. Stereo TRS out to Input 1 and 2.

2. Cab modeling of choice active.

3. Sometimes IR of choice (Plus has an IR loader and it works well - but I dunno I just prefer the cabs. I'm that guy. If you like IRs tons though it's a great choice).

Then I sculpt the EQ to taste.

20 hours ago, tdawgg said:

So far just going from the stomp into the powercab with an instrument cable. I have the cab set to flat (FRFR), because I didn't have time to change my presets on the stomp from amp/cab to amp. Next step is to make duplicates of all my presest without cabs and try out the cabs and some IR's in the powercab. 

On 1/2/2019 at 7:43 PM, tdawgg said:

Is anybody using this set up?

I have a powercab on it's way, and I was wondering if anyone has some set-up info

So, got the PC (after an agonizing wait, thanks FedEx), simply plugged the Stomp into input 1 with a TRS cable, set the Stomp's output to "line", and...wow! LOVE the speaker models! Spent the last couple days setting up patches specifically for the PC (no can emulations/IR's)..gotta say, it's the "amp in the room" sound..a little bit dark, but I'm sure I'll find the EQ tweak to brighten it up..soooo interactive with the amp models! 

Seriously thinking of selling my tube amps..oh, and it can get LOUD! Easily will be loud enough for gigs..

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

could you run stomp effect send to power cab and the stomp stereo outs to front of house?

I have a power cab plus on the way. Right now running stomp trs out to effect send return on flex tone 3. (Cabinet modelling off on flex tone). Wish there was helix size between LT and stomp. I need something that I can carry on an airplane. both helix pedals are to big .

9 hours ago, bluskiff said:

could you run stomp effect send to power cab and the stomp stereo outs to front of house?

I have a power cab plus on the way. Right now running stomp trs out to effect send return on flex tone 3. (Cabinet modelling off on flex tone). Wish there was helix size between LT and stomp. I need something that I can carry on an airplane. both helix pedals are to big .

You could, but it seems simpler to run the Stomp to the Powercab and then the Powercab to the front of house.