Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects Wah Expression Woes

rograt

Hi

I am using my HXE with a Boss EV30. On the factory presets the Wah works great. Wah comes on automatically, I get the correct sweep and it switches off automatically when I sweep back.

When I add a wah to a new preset a strange thing happens. 

- it switches on automatically

- it starts to sweep OK but reaches 100% sweep at 50% of pedal travel

-- thereafter it starts to sweep backwards so goes back to 0%  sweep when the pedal is at 100%

- at that point it switches off!

So in summary as I sweep it wahs up and down and switches off again when fully depressed.

Can anyone tell me what on earth I could be doing wrong? If you have experienced this exact thing I would particularly like to hear from you.

Many thanks

NOTE: Line 6 gear is very picky when it comes to expression pedals. Not all expression pedals will work. There are dozens of topics about expression pedal woe's on these forums. 

Try different polarity positions and make sure the minimum dial is at zero.

8 hours ago, rograt said:

Hi

I am using my HXE with a Boss EV30. On the factory presets the Wah works great. Wah comes on automatically, I get the correct sweep and it switches off automatically when I sweep back.

When I add a wah to a new preset a strange thing happens. 

- it switches on automatically

- it starts to sweep OK but reaches 100% sweep at 50% of pedal travel

-- thereafter it starts to sweep backwards so goes back to 0%  sweep when the pedal is at 100%

- at that point it switches off!

So in summary as I sweep it wahs up and down and switches off again when fully depressed.

Can anyone tell me what on earth I could be doing wrong? If you have experienced this exact thing I would particularly like to hear from you.

Many thanks

The EV30 will work. There's a few things to do. First, you need to use a TS cable, not a TRS cable (which I think the EV30 comes with). Second turn the little knob for whichever side of the EV30 you're using to the maximum position. Finally, go to Global Settings>Pedals and set the polarity for whichever EXP you're using to "Invert".

Thanks for your replies all.

Interesting about the TS cable. I use TRS for my Boss 500 pedals and Eventide pitch factor without issues. Still doesn't explain why the factory presets work OK though.

OK I have no idea how this unit sets itself up for expression pedals but the mere action of using a TS cable (which didn't work at all) and putting TRS cable back made it work. This is after days of checking every setting!