Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Please, help with this HD500? Is It worth?

NecrosisFactorG

Hi folks! I haven't tried any Line 6 products before. A guy from my country (México) sells me a POD HD500 for under 100 bucks, but the only detail is that It cames without the Save knob ( the one that's located below save button) i don't knob if It is an Encoder that has been Broken or. just a knob. Is It worth the price? Those replacement parts here in my country are a pain to find, the only way is to buy in USA. Is the save knob totally essential or can i configure It un the HD editor and no worries? Please help!!

The "save" is actually a separate button above that knob. As stated, that is actually the  "Presets Knob/Set Lists Button" . It is convenient, but not essential to operation... as long as you don't need to change set lists on the fly, or save to a new preset location on the fly (both can be done with the editor online).

The big question is.... how much damage is done to that area of the board.

• If just a knob is missing (shaft in tact) then you are getting a great deal! 
  • If the shaft is broken changing the pot is not a big deal... even if you can't do it yourself, a qualified tech can do it within an hour. BUT If the shaft is broken.... how, why, and how much damage could it have done to the surrounding area of the PCB when it happened. If there is more damage under the hood it could be cost prohibitive to repair. 

Just my 2 cents...

Used units aren't covered by a warranty, so you can take it to any electronics repair shop - not just authorized technicians. It doesn't even have to be a music store. 

Phone repairs may not be the best place because modern phones are more about replacing glass. But computer shops can do it. There are plenty of them around. 

I am with coda on this one - it is worth it for one broken button. but you need to consider what else may be wrong.

If this is your first unit, you aren't familiar enough with it to know.