Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp channel switching within snapshots.

Nelder17

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I didn't find anything relatively up to date on the topic.

I'm using my Helix LT in the 4CM with my Mark V:25. I'd like to use it set up for 8 snapshots so I could go from say, my clean sound with compression, chorus, and reverb, to a heavy rhythm sound which is just dry or with chorus/reverb or directly to a heavy lead sound with delay and or chorus. Simply, i'd like to press a single button and end up with the sound I want, instead of having to dedicate a foot-switch to channel switching then choose my appropriate snapshot for the sound i'm after. Is this possible? If so, any help would be appreciated. I'm only using the channel switching functions on the amp, and not the EQ switch, as I don't use the EQ for my clean sound. 

Cheers.

Yes, you can do this in command centre per snapshot.

Plug in to Ext Amp on the Helix ,then to your Mesa's footswitch ,then Choose ext amp from command  ,then just change between tip, ring, or both . It's exactly how i use it with my Mesa.

It'll change the channels as you move it ,so you'll see what changes occur on the amp. I think 1-tip and 2-ring change between clean and dirty on mine.

So the problem i'm having is, when I switch the Helix to 8 snapshots, I can't get any of the foot switches to work with changing the amps channel. Currently I have the helix in 4 snap/stomp mode, and it works just fine as long as I have one of the "stomp" switches dedicated to selecting which channel I need on the amp.