Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd500. No +v48 For Microphone?

clay-man

As lovely as the Pro is, I'd prefer a floor unit with expression pedals.

I need a stompbox control setup.

The thing is though, I'd use it live and studio. Live is only pseudo-live though, as I preform online streams, not stage gigs. Basically that means using a Studio setup live, mic and guitar at the same time.

I use mine just like this... via the FBVMKII shortboard...

its actually a bit of insurance as well... the gear in the front of the stage is just a simple controller.. much easier to replace if bad things happen...

you can also add a second expression to the floorboard, and use the floorboard for controlling midi etc in your daw when not using it with your rig.

obviously... this adds a couple hundred dollars... for few new features (phantom power, spdif in and out, dry out)

i like the format in my studio setting.... racked up right in front of me on the desk.

As lovely as the Pro is, I'd prefer a floor unit with expression pedals.

I need a stompbox control setup.

The thing is though, I'd use it live and studio. Live is only pseudo-live though, as I preform online streams, not stage gigs. Basically that means using a Studio setup live, mic and guitar at the same time.

post-395361-0-00823100-1384646717_thumb.jpg

I use mine just like this... via the FBVMKII shortboard...

its actually a bit of insurance as well... the gear in the front of the stage is just a simple controller.. much easier to replace if bad things happen...

you can also add a second expression to the floorboard, and use the floorboard for controlling midi etc in your daw when not using it with your rig.

obviously... this adds a couple hundred dollars... for few new features (phantom power, spdif in and out, dry out)

i like the format in my studio setting.... racked up right in front of me on the desk.

That's too much out of my price range. a POD HD 500 is already pushing it. I'm hoping to pick up one on ebay for 300-400 USD.

After that I can just spend 20 USD on a phantom power box. I'm just a bit disapointed that something that costs that much doesn't have a phantom power supply switch.

I'd rather not have to use my Fast Track Pro in conjunction with the HD500 when recording. It'll add latency, I'm sure.

I will be using it to get the HD500's MIDI though, but MIDI and audio are separate things.