Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Two HX Effects questions

KasperFauerby

Hi guys,

Two quick questions about the HX Effects unit

1. Can you use the normal Helix PC editor to create and edit patches on the HX Effects?

2. Is there a good and easy way to get a guitar DI out of the HX Effects for re-amping purposes? Along with a "wet" signal (preferably in stereo).

Ideally I want to use the HX effects as the "main control" of all my rigs, be that a real tube amp or even a Kemper. So I would probably want to hook up using 4cm... but ideally still be able to get a guitar DI to my audio interface.

Thanks,

Kasper

1. Yes. HX Edit is the editor for all the hardware pieces in the Helix platform.

2. You could put a Send block as the first block in your chain and use the associated 1/4" Send jack as a dry output. Just leave the Dry Thru parameter on the Send block at 0.0dB.

Thanks Phil, that sounds perfect!

So in theory I could even split the signal path right at the start, and send the DI to "send 2" while still having a 4cm flow to a tube amp from "send 1"... and have the final stereo output of the Helix Effects go to recording interface... or back to the amp for a mono live rig with a speaker cab?  

Sounds almost too good to be true ;)

5 minutes ago, KasperFauerby said:

Thanks Phil, that sounds perfect!

So in theory I could even split the signal path right at the start, and send the DI to "send 2" while still having a 4cm flow to a tube amp from "send 1"... and have the final stereo output of the Helix Effects go to recording interface... or back to the amp for a mono live rig with a speaker cab?  

Sounds almost too good to be true ;)

You could still have amp connected via the 4CM and have a dry output, but there's not enough outputs to have another stereo out go to a recording interface, unless I'm misunderstanding how you want things set up. But for the 4CM you'd need an FX Loop and one of the 1/4" outs.

For recording the main wet tone I was planning to send mono from the HX to a tube head (possibly going through some other pedals first), to load box, back in return 1.

Then send the main out of the HX to recording interface. So not really 4cm to be precise - but still good enough to both be able to record a guitar DI, place some Helix stomps before the amp and run Helix stereo effects after the amp.