Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Just using the HX Stomp.

Haljon

Hello all,

I currently have a Helix LT and completely love it. I run it right into my bands PA and it sounds great. However, I have serious spine issues that keep getting worse. The LT is about 24 pounds and the stomp is like 2.5. This makes my spine VERY happy. Line 6 says the stomp is the same as the regular Helix with the only limitations are the inputs and outputs and the limit of only 6 blocks. Anyone using the stomp as the main rig right into the PA? I have recreated all my main presets on the LT to only use 6 blocks to match the stomp. So im thinking a stomp with a mission pedal into the main pa.

Thoughts?

Thanks all.

40 minutes ago, Haljon said:

Hello all,

I currently have a Helix LT and completely love it. I run it right into my bands PA and it sounds great. However, I have serious spine issues that keep getting worse. The LT is about 24 pounds and the stomp is like 2.5. This makes my spine VERY happy. Line 6 says the stomp is the same as the regular Helix with the only limitations are the inputs and outputs and the limit of only 6 blocks. Anyone using the stomp as the main rig right into the PA? I have recreated all my main presets on the LT to only use 6 blocks to match the stomp. So im thinking a stomp with a mission pedal into the main pa.

Thoughts?

Thanks all.

I don't have the full Helix/LT, but I have the Stomp and I think it works great. Your spine will love it.

The only potential downside - does the full Helix tell you when you're tapping into the DSP power of the second processor?  There are times the Stomp can't hit the full 6 blocks because the DSP taps out. It's not frequent, but it does happen sometimes.

Something to think about.

42 minutes ago, Haljon said:

Hello all,

Thoughts?

Thanks all.

Not sure where you got the weights you listed, but the LT weighs 12.5 lbs and the Stomp weighs 1.75 lbs.

But, yes, the modeling on the Stomp is exactly the same as on the Helix. It has half the processing power, though. So if you can create a patch on the LT using only six blocks on one processor path, you could recreate that on the Stomp.

4 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

The only potential downside - does the full Helix tell you when you're tapping into the DSP power of the second processor?

Path 1 (or 1A and 1B) use on processor and Path 2 (or 2A and 2B) use the other on the Helix. So you always know which blocks are being supported by which processor.

• Thanks 1

Good point.......My LT tells me when I need to use the 2nd path (processor) and the 1st is tapped out. So far all my presets have no issues putting the blocks I want into 1 path so im hoping the stomp will be able to handle it.  I only use 5 patches for all 3 sets from  my band so just using the stomp to scroll up and down to the patch I need will work fine.

47 minutes ago, Haljon said:

Hello all,

Thoughts?

Thanks all.

"Not sure where you got the weights you listed, but the LT weighs 12.5 lbs and the Stomp weighs 1.75 lbs.

But, yes, the modeling on the Stomp is exactly the same as on the Helix. It has half the processing power, though. So if you can create a patch on the LT using only six blocks on one processor path, you could recreate that on the Stomp."

Yep, I was a bit off with the weights. Maybe I was thinking after I packed up my LT in its bag with all the cables and stuff. Ether way, the stomp is a lot lighter which is what I really need. And yes, Every preset on my LT is only on the top path (1). So they should be able to be recreated on a stomp. Just making sure im not overlooking anything.

Thanks all for the comments.

I’ve been using the Helix floor for almost two years now. Really loving how great it sounds and the flexibility of it. Recently got myself an HX Stomp. I created some basic presets with distortion, modulation, amp + cab, delay and reverb. Sometimes with compressor at the end of the path “jsad” style. Took it to band rehearsal and was very pleased with the sound. I had the impression that it maybe even sounded better that my Helix floor. Came back home, recreated my “6 blocks max” presets on the Helix floor and they (obviously) sounded identical ... 

Man, what a great time to be a guitar player!

• Like 2

However, I have serious spine issues that keep getting worse. The LT is about 24 pounds and the stomp is like 2.5. This makes my spine VERY happy.

I'm glad you found a good workaround and still get great tones!!!