Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help me create sound for my songs - live

butcher1234

Hello Hello;

Okay; I wrote music for my 1st album; the guitar sounds were dialled in by a producer in a studio. the album is finished. I m trying to recreate the sound with the helix lt for my I've setup.

I spend some time with the helix; i love it; but i don t get it to sound right.

I m posting 2 small sound files of the rhythm guitar sound, which i want to recreate; it s basically verse and chorus.

The guitar tuning is weird. E , A and D strings (the deep ones) are tuned down 3 half steps - the chords are then all standard power chords played on these 3 strings starting on the 8 th fret and descending down.

If anyone wants to give it a try, i d be super thankful.

Hope this fits in this forum here.

Thaaaaank you so much

guitar_chorus_1.mp3    (the rhythm part, not the strumed chords)

guitar_verse_1.mp3

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, butcher1234 said:

Sorry for the push.

Okay, i think about getting some patches ,free or buy some, that come close to the sound of the above posted files.

Can someone take a quick listen (it's just a few seconds) and recommend me some patches?

Thank you very much

You won't like this, but tone matching can't be done this way. It can't happen remotely and in a vacuum. For starters, a patch that sounds magnificent when playing unaccompanied might sound dreadful in a mix, and vice versa. So the odds of anyone suggesting factory presets, or ones created by a third party (that they audition remotely and completely out of context), that will be a drop-in match for the tones on your recording are basically zero... the only way it'll happen is through extraordinary dumb luck. You could blindly try patch after patch until the end of time and never find one that's a decent approximation.

As already mentioned above, the best you can hope for is to start with a signal chain that mirrors (as closely as possible) the real gear that was used on the recording... and that's only a starting point. It's gonna require effort, and it's not something that anyone will be able to guess at just by listening to some clips... the are too many variables. 

• Like 1

Thank you guys.

Okay. I got some info from the producer.

The guitar is tuned down 3 halfsteps. 

The amp was vox plexi , he also used slap delay and a mono hall; and to me it sounds like there are less high frequencies.

But there's also sth that sounds very dirty or "damaged". Maybe try some distortion pedals; but with very low gain.

I m new to amp modelling, so sorry for inapropiate questions :).

still, Tx for your advices.