Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 micro spider

JonMorecroft

OK. When i switch channels (clean, crunch, metal, insane) the volume is very loud and ignores what is set on the volume settings. I have to dive for the volume control to turn it down - a little twitch of the channel vol knob tens to sort it. How do i stop this happening? I can only assume these are stored settings.

I bought the amp for night time practice cos it has a headphone socket and so use headphones and when you switch channels it is seriously dangerously loud. 

2 hours ago, JonMorecroft said:

OK. When i switch channels (clean, crunch, metal, insane) the volume is very loud and ignores what is set on the volume settings. I have to dive for the volume control to turn it down - a little twitch of the channel vol knob tens to sort it. How do i stop this happening? I can only assume these are stored settings.

I bought the amp for night time practice cos it has a headphone socket and so use headphones and when you switch channels it is seriously dangerously loud. 

Are you saying it's dangerously loud for a second but if you tap the volume nob it resets to a different loudness?

I want to make sure I understand the problem, because it's probably true that each preset channel has its own volume standard volume. So if the volume knob was at 9 o'clock on clean and you switched to insane at 9 o'clock it would likely sound louder on insane than clean.

If you're saying it's only TEMPORARILY louder and a slight jiggle of the volume knob resets it . . . well that's a bit weirder.

It is permanently louder until i touch a control. I think i may have cracked it though. These are all presets - some a reasonably loud and some are insanely loud (excuse the pun). I have now set them to the volume I want (all the same initially) and saved each one. From a product point of view when using headphones when switching channels when on default presets is actually dangerous and could create a permanent hearing issue

36 minutes ago, JonMorecroft said:

It is permanently louder until i touch a control. I think i may have cracked it though. These are all presets - some a reasonably loud and some are insanely loud (excuse the pun). I have now set them to the volume I want (all the same initially) and saved each one. From a product point of view when using headphones when switching channels when on default presets is actually dangerous and could create a permanent hearing issue

Yeah, the Spider V has the same type of setup so I think you figured it out.

That's a good point about the volume output potentially blowing your ears away.