Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hx Effects with GigRig power?

ChrisClaytonLoop

So I just got the HX Effects to replace my M9, along with other stomps from my pedalboard. 

I currently am running the gigrig generator to power everything except the m9, I am using the line 6 power supply for that. The guys at gigrig said the Generator should power everything, but when I hooked up my m9, the screen was all weird and patchy. The sound was fine, but I couldn't read the screen at all. I even plugged the generator alone into the m9 ans still the same thing. There was a lot of weird white noise when plugged in as well.

I was hoping to use the generator with the HXFX, but I'm curious if anyone has had success with it, along with other pedals. 

I should list what I'm running.

I have 2 buffers (I run 2 signals through the board, maybe I don't need them), a small 3 channel looper, Boss DD-6, Boss OC-3, Boss BF-2, Boss RC-300,  and then the HX Effects. And where I have the hxfx located I dont like the power cord hanging off the top if the board, since the power supply is straight and not right angled. 

IN the my case I have the HX stomp , and i had some noise issues till I power JUST  the HX- Stomp from the DISTRIBUTOR and everything go to one of the gigrig ISOLATOR and that solve all my issues . Not too sure about m9 I'd would using an isolator or different module like the evenFlo , but I believe the polarity on that is reversed .