Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How long does (did) the HD500(X) last?

str041117

Hello, I'd like to know how long you guys have been using your HD500(X) and what problems you encountered so far.

I'm asking because I have a rather bad experience with floorpedals (just one tho): My Digitech RP355 just shut down after about 2 years of almost daily use back in 2013. (I didn't step too hard on it or abused it otherwise) It wouldn't turn on again and it also didn't had a powerswitch. I bought it for about 300€ and it just lasted me about 2 years... Since then I kinda have nightmares about floorpedals. I still bought the HD500X because of the great sound and its recording abilities since I'm currently making my music completely alone. I've read some stuff about updating problems and dead inputs and I'm already shivering because it sounds so great and I really don't want to lose it. (Even tho I didn't bother to update it since I didn't noticed any bugs until now and the previous owner only used it like 4 times at home) I've seen that Line6 takes 90$/hr for out of warranty repairs aaaand bruh... I don't know how long my unit will do well before it needs a repair, and how long it will be doing well after a repair... Im certainly not an expert but I can see the 90$ easily becoming a ~200$ with everything else involved (parts etc.) I think thats a little pricey... And before I'm going to buy that hardcase for an additional 130€ I want to hear some other peoples expierences. Maybe I'm better off buying a reliable amp then.

1 hour ago, str041117 said:

Hello, I'd like to know how long you guys have been using your HD500(X) and what problems you encountered so far.

I bought my HD500 used about 4 years ago. I'm a gigging player so I have used it a lot over those years.... and just recently (about 3 months back) delegated it to a backup role when I got a Helix. 

Issues? None that really matter.

• The power supply split in two (at the seem) so I glued it back together. 
  • One time it went into an infinite startup loop before a gig...  turned out to be my Variax causing the problem, not the HD. 
  • The footswitches have been stomped on a lot... they are hanging in there - but I do notice the heavily used ones are not as responsive as they were. Totally expected in my opinion.

That's all I can think of...

I am more concerned with not having computer interactivity more than I am worried with the device taking a dive. 

I bought my first 500 used, 5 years ago on the 16th. 

Since then, I have multiple units stashed across the country at the places I am often in. I travel with patches, instead of devices.