Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT50 Main fuse 2.5 a VS 2.0 A big difference ?

hichembell

Hello line6 community,

the main fuse 2.5A 250v  of my DT50 112 combo blew two hours ago. the amp was in stand by mode and it occurred when I turned it on to play.

I tried a 2A 250v fuse two times,  but they blew... 

is the difference between 2.5a and 2a that huge? Or shall I prepare my self for the worst? As I understand it from other posts when this fuse is blown away it signals that the transformer is going bad.

can't wait for tomorrow to buy a 2.5 A and try .....hope it will fixe the problem.

any experience ??

Yes, 2 vs 2.5 is a big difference.

Another fuse won't fix the problem, it's a sign that something needs to be looked at and checked out.

A blown fuse is the symptom, not the cause,... need to have a Line 6 authorized technician look at it to find the cause.

When was the last time the tubes (valves) were changed out? What tubes are in there?

https://line6.com/find/service_center/

To find the center nearest to you.

Could be the power tubes, could be the transformer, and use the fuse that is marked on the back.

What country did the amp come from?

What is the volt of the wall mains where you are at?

The amp does not automatically switch to the volts of a given country, that is done internally by

a Line 6 authorized service technician.

Tubes choices to use for the DT Series,...

DT-50 Series:

12AX7EH Electro-Harmonix approved for the DT50 pre-amps.

EL34EH Electro-Harmonix (matched pairs) for the power amps.

Power amp tube choices are crucial, and must be properly biased by a tech or Line 6 authorized service center who knows the product.

Don't do this yourself, the shock hazard is too great,... and it hurts when you get electric shock. Leave it to a tech trained who is for this.

These valve amps are particular about tubes and tube brands. Do Not use substitutes, No Mesa, Groove Tube, Tung-Sol or JJ substitutes. No hot rodding of an already Bogner hot rod.

• 11 months later...
On 12/01/2019 at 17:36, hichembell said:

Puisqu'il est impossible d'envoyer mon ampli à vos services, existe-t-il un moyen d'acheter la pièce (si c'est le transformateur) en ligne ?? et l'apporter à un professionnel ici en Algérie? 

so ? Did you find a solution ? Was it the tubes or the power transformer?