Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to save presets??

jtsuth

Dude this is getting ridiculous. How do I save newly created presets and changes?? I'm using Logic Pro X and I cannot for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong here. I create a preset or I make changes to a preset, I click the drop down at the top left of the Helix Native plug-in and click SAVE. It acts like it saves something. I double click to a different preset then back. Changes are GONE. WTF am I doing wrong? Please help me as I am at the end of my rope here. I wanted to create, not perform IT functions in order to be able to do so. Thank you to anyone that can help me out here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jtsuth said:

Dude this is getting ridiculous. How do I save newly created presets and changes?? I'm using Logic Pro X and I cannot for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong here. I create a preset or I make changes to a preset, I click the drop down at the top left of the Helix Native plug-in and click SAVE. It acts like it saves something. I double click to a different preset then back. Changes are GONE. WTF am I doing wrong? Please help me as I am at the end of my rope here. I wanted to create, not perform IT functions in order to be able to do so. Thank you to anyone that can help me out here.

Hi jtsuth,

According to the Helix Native Pilot’s Guide, Page 16 - this is the procedure to import/export a preset.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f11867598e261327e7a/application/pdf/Helix Native Pilot's Guide - English .pdf

If this is not functioning as it should then more info may be required.

As you mention you’re using LPX, you must be on a Mac, so model and OSX version may help. Also did the save function just stop working or has it never worked at all? I understand the frustration, but you have to help us to be able to help you.

....and practice on some presets you're not worried about losing. After you get the hang of it, it becomes second nature. Within Logic Pro, I also save the plugin state, in addition to saving the preset within Native. Double backup!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think you missed the question. I know how to import and export, but I am having the same issue. I save a preset and then I go back to it and it is not saved. I went to page 16 in the manual and that tells me how to import/export. So how do I save a preset in order to import or export it? 

I feel jtsuth's frustration....

10 hours ago, rwinking said:

I think you missed the question. I know how to import and export, but I am having the same issue. I save a preset and then I go back to it and it is not saved. I went to page 16 in the manual and that tells me how to import/export. So how do I save a preset in order to import or export it? 

I feel jtsuth's frustration....

Hi,

You obviously have checked the Helix Native Pilot’s Guide information on page 16, but “Using the Preset File Menu” on page 22 explains further the options of “Save to Disk” or “Save to Library”. In the pinned grey panel “Note”, it also specifically mentions that certain DAW’s may have their own method of handling presets for plugins, where they are redirected to a different area of the hard disk.

I’m just guessing, but maybe this is what is happening to your presets. You didn’t mention what DAW or computer platform you are using - that may shed some light on the situation.

This is also discussed in an older thread which may or may not help with your “frustration”. See the comment from “silverhead”.

Hope this helps/makes sense

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hey jtsuth . I am constantly running into walls with helix native as well. I am using Pro Tools 12 so it has nothing to do with our DAW.

I can't even add up the hours I've wasted trying to tweak sounds for my cover gig.

Basically I edited and tweaked all my acoustic sounds to begin with on HX edit and monitored through my board playing through my HX stomp . For the most part the sounds I wanted I got them pretty close. So I  bought HX native to tweak my sounds along with my backing tracks in Pro Tools to finish off. First of all when I import my preset from my HX stomp from my Helix Edit the sound is right on, no changes. But when I import the same exact sound and the same exact IR into Helix native. It's not even close to what I have been listening to.

My biggest problem is after tweaking the sound again in HX native. I can't figure out how to save it. When I export it I rename it first and it exports with the old name and when I reimport it , I see it has the old settings.

Have you been able to figure this out and if so can u paste the link.

Thanks!!!

Gerry Col

If anyone has Pro Tools and is working with the native plug in HX native. I'm constantly redoing my steps. No matter what I do I tweak the same parameters, delete the same blocks, change my delays change my reverbs I save it in the in Pro Tools the plug in settings then then after it saved and I see it in the folder and I double click on the name again all the presets come back what is going on!!!??? There is something really wacky with the save functions in this HX native and I can't figure it out and I'm tired of going back to the manual.

In HX Native when you right click on the preset you are tweaking. you only have these options,  copy,  paste,  rename,  import,  export,  how do I JUST SAVE WHAT I DID or what I am going to do??? Where is the simple save function??????  When I save my settings as a plugin setting the old version just reaapears,  when I double click every time, I rename it, and export it ...it comes back

When I save file to disk  my settings are not being saved, when I reimported all my old settings come back. Obviously this is because I can't find a save function that works anywhere.!!! how do I just simply save what I'm doing so I don't have to keep doing it for the next 3 hours. I don't know what the heck is going on I'm sick of this

• 3 months later...

The gateway to success is this tiny circle with the ellipsis (...). Click it.

image.png.b91962ba400725937087464b122ae549.png

Search the manual for "Using the Preset File Menu" to understand these options. Manuals for different versions will have different page #'s for the same text.

Import/Export  is simpler, and separate, but I'm not covering that here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/23/2020 at 8:13 PM, sboggs71 said:

The gateway to success is this tiny circle with the ellipsis (...). Click it.

image.png.b91962ba400725937087464b122ae549.png

Search the manual for "Using the Preset File Menu" to understand these options. Manuals for different versions will have different page #'s for the same text.

Import/Export  is simpler, and separate, but I'm not covering that here.

I found it by myself but anyway, it is a very tricky menu... Additionally, I don't like to do so many clicks to overwrite the current preset, if you count them there are like 5 clicks for only one required action... is there a keyboard shortcut to save the patch? if no.... please Line 6 add the shortcut to save the current preset.. it is so basic but very import for easy editing. 

• Upvote 1