Dude this is getting ridiculous. How do I save newly created presets and changes?? I'm using Logic Pro X and I cannot for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong here. I create a preset or I make changes to a preset, I click the drop down at the top left of the Helix Native plug-in and click SAVE. It acts like it saves something. I double click to a different preset then back. Changes are GONE. WTF am I doing wrong? Please help me as I am at the end of my rope here. I wanted to create, not perform IT functions in order to be able to do so. Thank you to anyone that can help me out here.

12 hours ago, jtsuth said:

Dude this is getting ridiculous. How do I save newly created presets and changes?? I'm using Logic Pro X and I cannot for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong here. I create a preset or I make changes to a preset, I click the drop down at the top left of the Helix Native plug-in and click SAVE. It acts like it saves something. I double click to a different preset then back. Changes are GONE. WTF am I doing wrong? Please help me as I am at the end of my rope here. I wanted to create, not perform IT functions in order to be able to do so. Thank you to anyone that can help me out here.

Hi jtsuth,

According to the Helix Native Pilot’s Guide, Page 16 - this is the procedure to import/export a preset.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f11867598e261327e7a/application/pdf/Helix Native Pilot's Guide - English .pdf

If this is not functioning as it should then more info may be required.

As you mention you’re using LPX, you must be on a Mac, so model and OSX version may help. Also did the save function just stop working or has it never worked at all? I understand the frustration, but you have to help us to be able to help you.

Save to library will ask you if you want to over write say yes all done - make sure you do this before leaving that preset or it will default to what it was and most important if you add an IR to a block

....and practice on some presets you're not worried about losing. After you get the hang of it, it becomes second nature. Within Logic Pro, I also save the plugin state, in addition to saving the preset within Native. Double backup!

I think you missed the question. I know how to import and export, but I am having the same issue. I save a preset and then I go back to it and it is not saved. I went to page 16 in the manual and that tells me how to import/export. So how do I save a preset in order to import or export it? 

I feel jtsuth's frustration....

10 hours ago, rwinking said:

I think you missed the question. I know how to import and export, but I am having the same issue. I save a preset and then I go back to it and it is not saved. I went to page 16 in the manual and that tells me how to import/export. So how do I save a preset in order to import or export it? 

I feel jtsuth's frustration....

Hi,

You obviously have checked the Helix Native Pilot’s Guide information on page 16, but “Using the Preset File Menu” on page 22 explains further the options of “Save to Disk” or “Save to Library”. In the pinned grey panel “Note”, it also specifically mentions that certain DAW’s may have their own method of handling presets for plugins, where they are redirected to a different area of the hard disk.

I’m just guessing, but maybe this is what is happening to your presets. You didn’t mention what DAW or computer platform you are using - that may shed some light on the situation.

This is also discussed in an older thread which may or may not help with your “frustration”. See the comment from “silverhead”.

Hope this helps/makes sense

• Like 1