Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Global copy and paste for footswitches

litesnsirens

The deeper I get into the helix the more things occur to me.  I use the bandhelper app on my ipad to scroll lyrics and to choose presets for me on my helix.  For years I've been using the irig blueboard to control functions on bandhelper over Bluetooth.  But after a bit of experimenting, and I should give part of the credit to the capabilities of bandhelper, I found that it's possible to control whatever functions I want in bandhelper via the footswtiches on the helix over the usb cable that is connected anyway.  

The problem now is, I use a different preset for every song, so I have hundreds and between 2 bands actively use at least a hundred with another 20 or 30 songs on standby that we may pull out for certain situations.

So it's going to be a tedious task.  I have 6 commands that I need to assign to footswitches in every patch I expect to use at a gig.  Currently all I've been able to figure out is to copy a single footswitch function and the copy that to all my other presets… which means I'll have to do that function 6 times.  The copy and paste function is all or one.  I can't highlight 6 and then go into the next preset highlight the same 6 and then paste them.  

Does anyone know of any ideas that might help?  I'd be happy with a global paste, like to every preset within a setlist or even the entire device.

IMG_1434.JPG

• Like 1

To add to this, the reason I didn't want to copy and past all commands was because I already had some commands in there for other things.  But since I have realized it's going to be much easier to go back and make some adjustments on those as I go through this.  I've decided to use that function.  

The problem now is, when I copy and paste "all commands" it doesn't include any of the customizations ie: the names I've put in the scribble strips.  So I paste all to another preset, and all the names are either "note" if I have a midi note number assigned to that footswitch or "CC Toggle" if I have a control change assigned to the footswitch.  Is there something I'm doing wrong here?  That seems ridiculous.

• Like 1