Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PODxt Pro Power Transformer 60 hz hum

Hi,

I have a PODxt Pro, I recently started getting terrible EMI  Interference noise (its not the 60 hz hum)  on all outputs Digital. and all analog outs ie Balanced, unbalanced, headphones.......     Its not guitars, cables, output devices, or external surrounding electrical devices...........  when I was trouble shooting noise source ie... ground loops, firmware, surrounding electrical devices,.... all of which I think I have ruled out.   I have  one  question,  I never noticed that the internal POD power transformed hummed, even though that is not what I hear from outputs.  

Can anyone tell me if this is normal with the POD xt Pro power transformer to hear the 60 hz hum when device is powered on with no inputs or outputs connected?  

Thank for all replies in advance,

Jeff

• 2 years later...

Late to the party here, but I would also like to know if this is standard behaviour? I use mine as an external effects unit for synths etc in my studio. The hum isn’t super-loud but is a bit annoying, to the point where I bought a second unit second-hand (as I thought the first unit was damaged). But I have a similar hum from the second unit. Is there a quiet transformer that could replace the one it ships with? If there’s a way to fix this I would love to know, thanks!