Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using midi to program speakers to patch, HX stomp

tdawgg

Dies anyone have any experiencesetting up program changes with the HX stomp, to control which speaker each patches using? I've connected to MIDI cable, but all it does is change presets when I step on the preset button. It doesn't necessarily pair the preset with the patch on the HX Stomp. Any help is greatly appreciated!

20 hours ago, tdawgg said:

Dies anyone have any experiencesetting up program changes with the HX stomp, to control which speaker each patches using? I've connected to MIDI cable, but all it does is change presets when I step on the preset button. It doesn't necessarily pair the preset with the patch on the HX Stomp. Any help is greatly appreciated!

So, after a little research, I found that by going into global settings and changing the preset numbering from "24A" to just a straight number (1-125, I believe), the PC will match the preset, as you cycle up and down. You simply go into edit mode on each matching preset on the PC, and set it up however you like (IR or speaker models)..I spent a day setting up patches, and all I can say is that this setup is a game changer..if you're willing to spend some time "tweaking" you will be rewarded with a setup that sounds 99.9% like a tube amp, with a ton if different sounds.. needless be to say, I have drank the coolaid,  very seriously be thinking of selling my tube amps ( and cabinets!)

Hi Tdawgg. I’m not sure how you did it but I have had a lot of success using midi to switch speakers in my powercab. For each preset on my Helix floor I use the command window (not sure if that’s the right term ... I’m not in front of my gear at the moment) in HXEdit to set up a midi CC to channel 4 (that’s what my powercab is set to, yours may be different), CC# 21 and the numerical value of the speaker that I want for that preset. Works great for me!