rsvette12

Gilmour sound question

David Gilmour’s use of rotating speakers - the Leslie effect - doppler effect - can a Rotating speaker sound be done when making Gilmour helix tones ? just wondering – thanks

35 minutes ago, rsvette12 said:

David Gilmour’s use of rotating speakers - the Leslie effect - doppler effect - can a Rotating speaker sound be done when making Gilmour helix tones ? just wondering – thanks

The Helix has two excellent Leslie effects, the Leslie 122 and the Leslie 145, so yes, it can.

• Like 1

Thanks much :) wondering why payware preset makers would not take advantage of this - hmm ?

5 hours ago, Kilrahi said:

The Helix has two excellent Leslie effects, the Leslie 122 and the Leslie 145, so yes, it can.

Stupid question where is the leslie selection not seeing it - I am using helix native - thanks

Ooops found it :) under modulation - any thoughts on the order it should be in a chain ?

I run a dual path after the amp with one chain having a cab and the other with the Leslie.  This allows the signal to be 100% either way or any blend.  Most of the time it is a blend which I use for a Gilmour patch and a Frampton patch.

Although the Leslie can work as an effect, I treat it like a cab.

• Like 2

Thank you much any chance of loading up a basic setup at customtone I can play around with not much experience in all of this :)