Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Weird Thing Happened With My Hd500 Today...

ext1jdh

I was playing through practice and my loop started playback. I wasn't in the loop interface at all, but I had been using the loop earlier in the song.

I had exited the loop and was back in the ABCD interface, didn't touch the pedal. About 30 seconds later the loop started playing.

Later, after practice and during the set, the same thing happened. It was weird.

Ever happen to anyone else?

The looper continues to work after you've changed back to ABCD, so is it not possible that you've accidentally set the looper recording, changed to ABCD then the loop has automatically started playing when it runs out of recording time?

(I haven't tried this; it's just an idea)

• Upvote 1

I expect GTLazer nailed it. The Looper has no sense of tempo, nor of whether it is recording silence. When in Looper mode, recording starts as soon as you hit the RECORD switch. It will record silence until you start playing, and if you don't turn recording off by hitting the STOP switch it will keep recording silence after you stop playing until the 24 or 48 second limit is reached. Then it starts replaying the recording which is a combination of silence and your playing. If you have recorded a short segment, then switched to ABCD mode without stopping the recording, the symptom would be exactly as you describe.

My HD500 did that to me ONE TIME in the years I've had it at practice...and I know it wasn't because I did something and forgot to turn it off. I hadn't even used the looper since powering the device on at rehearsal and all of the sudden in between songs, probably a minute or two since we stopped playing, I get this big burst of "KACHUNG! KACHUNG KACHUNG!" like the last half-second of a mute on repeat....switched the looper, hit stop, and it never happened again.