Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Headrush FRFR

hideout

20 minutes ago, robsangg said:

Just for $299, it does what it says it will do, although I challenge the 2000 watts it claims.

I notice in their specs they say 2000 watts peak power and 1000 watts continuous.  So that may explain the difference.  The more important spec is SPL which really relates to "loudness" and it rates it at 131db SPL.  For comparison the Yamaha DXR12 and QSC K12.2 are both rated at 132db SPL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robsangg said:

I guess maybe I was a bit vague as to what I meant.  I've just owned both the Alto and Headrush. 

I wasn't really clear... but my comment was directed toward the other quote not yours... I included yours for clarity and reference, but obviously that's not how it came out. Sorry about that. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 1:00 PM, codamedia said:

I wasn't really clear... but my comment was directed toward the other quote not yours... I included yours for clarity and reference, but obviously that's not how it came out. Sorry about that. 

All good brother.  I'm here for help, same as everyone else.  I used to be such an amp purist, and the Helix opened up so many possibilities for me.  Expanded my set list so much to other things I probably wouldn't have tried before on stage or otherwise.  Makes me play and try different things.  Great tool.  Headrush FRFR112 too.  I almost think these should be video forums, so you get people's expressions when they post.  So much gets lost in text.  

• Like 1

I have helix going into 1 power cab+ and it sounds really great for guitar amp in room after I turn helix cabs and IR off  but need a stereo guitar rig for live shows and want to also use guitar synth so I would like to hear more about the FRFR108 and if you use  in stereo. The FRFR108 - Cant go wrong with size weight and price,  Right now for my stereo side I am using effect return on boss katana with all knobs at 0 and it seems to match up OK with the powercab+ on the other side

23 hours ago, groovedggr said:

The FRFR108 - Cant go wrong with size weight and price,  Right now for my stereo side I am using effect return on boss katana with all knobs at 0 and it seems to match up OK with the powercab+ on the other side

I can't speak to the FRFR108 but the FRFR112 sounds impressive running in mono.  In stereo it would be massive.  Good product.  As I stated in a previous post, I run it as a stage monitor, then to FOH on stage, but at my band practice it pushes plenty of volume, with room to spare.  I use it as my sole amp now, with the Helix as the brain.  No issues.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2019 at 6:10 AM, rd2rk said:

I've had the FRFR112 since it was released. Sounds great with guitar and bass. Replaced Alto TS210.

The only difference between the FRFR112 and the Alto TS312 is the lack of preamps for direct mic connection (and the Headrush LOGO).

This info was extracted with great difficulty from the Alto/Headrush support team, and I documented that painful conversation both elsewhere on this forum and over on Gearpage.

Despite the somewhat misleading hype on the Headrush website, it really is a great sounding speaker.

EDIT: I highly recommend getting a short speaker stand (not the normal full height stand). Without the DSP that adds $300-500 to other speakers of this type, getting it off the floor makes all the difference.  

Hi Rd2rk.  Do you use short speaker stand for gigs or for studio use? Do you have any reference?

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey, guys, I would appreciate some advice on Headrush frfr-108. I am a hobbyist guitar player who most of the time plays into headphones through line6 POD Go, but sometimes wants to play to some family, friends, o just to get neighbours going :)

My question is how HR 108 would handle lower volumes, you are talking about venues and 100 people crowds, that's awesome, but does any of you use it as a bedroom speaker? All my "gear" is really a guitar into Pod GO (with some backing tracks going into it as well) and then into FRFR speaker (searching for it right now). Thanks!

On 6/29/2020 at 6:52 AM, bissector said:

Hey, guys, I would appreciate some advice on Headrush frfr-108. I am a hobbyist guitar player who most of the time plays into headphones through line6 POD Go, but sometimes wants to play to some family, friends, o just to get neighbours going :)

My question is how HR 108 would handle lower volumes, you are talking about venues and 100 people crowds, that's awesome, but does any of you use it as a bedroom speaker? All my "gear" is really a guitar into Pod GO (with some backing tracks going into it as well) and then into FRFR speaker (searching for it right now). Thanks!

I have the Headrush FRFR-108 and it works great at low volume and IMHO is an excellent choice for home use although it can go to the stage if needed. One of many excellent options available for modeling. Inexpensive, light, compact, and sounds great.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm hating my Headrush FRFR - 112. I thought it was just my helix patch/EQ etc. Plugged the helix it into a cheap powered speaker instead (super cheap), and it sounded 1000 times better! I'm just getting the "wet blanket" sound.